Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 PM

Default So NEW and need advice!

Hello....I am so new to this and have no idea how to use this site....

I met a guy who is polyamorous...I'm not. But the thing is, I knew he was married and I was ok with this. But after not quite a month of seeing each other and falling head over heels for this man, he tells me he loves me, I admit I cried. Love doesnt come easy for me, hard for me to say, but later that night I told him I love him...which is the truth. He then tells me after that, that he has another female he goes and sees.....that Im not so comfortable with that and I really don't know how many he is seeing. I can handle him being married but seeing others??? Can anyone give me advice how to handle this type of situation...I have never been in anything like this before....the only thing closest was seeing a married man for nearly 10 years but discrete.....any info would be great....I LOVE THIS MAN!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 AM

He did not inform me in the beginning that he was polyamorous, he told me he was in an OPEN relationship with his wife...then he tells me AFTER I told him I was in love with him that he has girlfriends too and wants me to be one...forgot to mention that in the previous thread. But now I am crazy about him I just dont know how to react or act or whatever....do I just SUCK IT UP and let it be???
Old 12-31-2010, 02:00 AM

Well you went into this relationship already knowing he was married. Does his wife know? Have you met her? Has she met any of his other girls? I think if he is genuinely poly, then there's no reason you shouldn't pursue it. You say you love him. If he's just cheating on his wife... Fuck that... In as polite words as I can manage. =P
=]
Old 12-31-2010, 02:58 AM

his wife does know and I have spoken to her...havent met her in person yet, that is happening on Monday. I have no idea if he brought anyone home or if wife met them. I just dont know how to handle the situation....I really dont want to know when he is with others, I would really hate it if he was in the city and not see me. How do I cope with that? I have always been a one person girl...whatever that word is....too confused to even think.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:14 AM

I've always been in mono relationships myself. I doubt he'd come into town and not at least come say hi to you. How would that show how much you mean to him? =P You're just being paranoid. Nothing wrong with that, but just don't act on your paranoia, because you'll almost always make a mistake. Always communicate openly and make sure you know what level each other is at. Make sure you're both doing what it takes to keep each other happy.
=]
Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 AM

He already told me that he would NOT see me each time he is in town as he has to keep others happy. I pretty much only get to see him is when we have to work....which is NOT often. And not enough for me to keep me happy. In the beginning it was constant every other day...now I havent seen him in a week....his other girlfriend comes back after the new year so I will see him less....so how am I gonna handle that? Going from seeing him every other day to once in a while?

Tags
assumptions, communication, confusion, metamours