Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 08:27 PM

Default Just saying hi.

Just poking my head in and saying hello. I'm a thirty year old (well, I'll be thirty next week anyway) hetero male living in Ontario (GTA area) with my wife. Currently I am involved in a 'V' relationship with my wife and another woman who I've been seeing for the past two years or so, though that's sort of cooling off now. Though largely a positive experience it has also been a bit of a rocky one and my wife and I went on a brief hiatus from poly for a few months to sort out our feelings. Ultimately we decided to take what we've learned and try again.

I stumbled across these forums a few weeks back and figured it'd be a good idea to sign up.

Last edited by windego13; 04-09-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings windego13,
Welcome to our forum.

Poly relationships are often rocky in the first few years; sounds like you and your wife need a bit of a time-out to restore your footing. You should be able to find quite a bit of good information on this site; have a look around and see if you have any thoughts or questions.

Good to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:24 AM

Hello windego13,
Having been in a triad relationship for a little more than five years now I can honestly say that it is one of the most difficult, yet amazingly rewarding experiences, I have ever set upon. If you and your wife have another that you both want to be a part of your relationship I say with enthusiasm - Hang in there! It's all about the commitment.
Upon reaching the point at which jealousy retreats and honesty and love come together, speaking from my experience, there is not a monogamous relationship that can compete.
I wish you wellness and happiness in your journeys.