Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM

Lightbulb Online-Survey about relationship formation

Hello,

Iím currently doing some research about relationship formation and attitudes toward different relationship configurations in the context of my bachelor thesis. This issue has never been addressed in this way before. Thus, it is particularly important for the success of my investigation that many people participate in my survey.

Hence I would be very grateful if you filled out my online-survey. It will take about 15 minutes, and there is, of course, the opportunity to get information about the results (after the study is closed).

The link to the survey (in German and English) will be available up to and including 11th of March:

https://www.soscisurvey.de/bez_rel/?r=forum_2

Thank you for your help,
Agnes Steixner

Old 02-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Did the survey.

This one was actually easier than some of the others because more options were offered for certain questions and it didn't feel as "couple-centric" as many.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 AM

Interesting. I liked that one a great deal.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:02 AM

I enjoyed this survey, it was much easier to find answer that were consistent with my feelings and situation. It seems to have a stronger emphasis on sexual non-exclusivity than emotional non-exclusivity (in the first case, romantic relationships were not discouraged, but the current one wasn't romantic; in the second case romantic relationships were discouraged) and as a result it was a little bit harder to identify with either scenario (I would prefer to be romantically involved with anyone I have sex with, although a friendship could mean enough trust and intimacy that romantic love might not be necessary from the get go).

I too enjoyed being able to give more than one answer on many of these questions.