Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 PM

Wink Hi

Hi Everyone,
I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend/fiance for nine years this year, and we have been talking about becoming poly. We have always been very open and honest with each other and pretty sexually adventurous. I am bi, and he has always been supportive of my feelings for women. Im pretty sure that from his standpoint, he's got it pretty good. We are best friends, whenever we go places we are always checking out women together, it's great. Well, we got together pretty young and so i didn't have much time to have many relationships with women and because im bi i feel like i shouldn't have to cut love with a woman completely out of the future.
I came here for insight and understanding. Because of the non traditional aspects of this type of relationship, i cant just talk to anyone about it. The people we have talked to just say that it's weird and look at us funny. We plan on getting married soon and our friends say what's the point...since they view it as cheating.
I just don't get it. People, including some of our friends, are serial cheaters and live double lives. They feel bad about it, at least that's what they say, but would never openly talk to their significant others about the possibility of becoming swingers or poly. Even though they could never see themselves being completely monogamous.
So i hope to get some good information and maybe set some kind of "outside the box" example for my friends and family. At least about being open and honest with our significant others. And showing that everything is not simply black and white.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 PM

Welcome aboard.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:31 PM

I understand that...it was just an introduction. My fiance and I have just been talking but were thinking of dating other women. I had questions about relationships...real realationships...where it would be a...triangle??? We would all be close and if it became serious... sex would be between the three of us...not necesarily at the same time. Im thinking about the future and the love we could all share. House, kids, maybe a dog. This is all just thoughts, But it is love above all else, that we are looking for.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyluv View Post
We would all be close and if it became serious... sex would be between the three of us...not necesarily at the same time. Im thinking about the future and the love we could all share. House, kids, maybe a dog. This is all just thoughts, But it is love above all else, that we are looking for.
A triangle is what i'm looking for, though unless by staggering co-incidence you live round the south east uk, i guess I can only wish you the very best figuring it all out, i'd be really interested to hear how it works out tho :0) x
Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 AM

hey thier im new to poly as well, staying down here in San diego i just put a post in this thread as well,