Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Default Hi, it's Natalia, creator of Showtime's "Polyamory: Married & Dating"

Hello community,

This is Natalia, creator/director of Showtime's Polyamory: Married & Dating. Thank you all for your amazing support with the show, it means the world to me.

I'm reaching out in hopes of speaking with poly families interested in possibly sharing their story with me. I'm looking for polyamorous families that are charismatic, healthy, active; can be unmarried but practicing poly (don't all have to live together); bisexuality is welcome in both male and female partners; and are open to sharing all aspects of their love lives. Between the ages of 25-50 would be ideal.

As I think you have seen, I am a person of integrity and my intent is to portray polyamourists as loving, mature adults who are capable of carrying on multiple loving relationships in a world that has programmed us for monogamy. I've had so many people reach out to me, mono people struggling in their relationships telling me the show changed their lives for the better. Despite what Dr. Drew said, I believe 100% that Polyamory is a sustainable way of living and I would like to possibly continue the pro-Polyamory conversation in the mainstream.

If you are interested in speaking with me, I would love to hear from you, email me at natstertv@yahoo.com I think it would help if you've seen the series to get a sense of what is expected. Also, if possible, i would greatly appreciate a picture along with your email so I can keep track of who's who...Thanks again, much love to everyone, I look forward to speaking with some of you! xo
Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 AM

Default Loved every minute

While I won't go into the subtleties of how some characters' personal opinions could be identified by the unknowledgeable public as all poly opinions, my wife and I thought the show was GREAT! We recently started dating another woman and asked that she watch it. Needless to say it brought up a truly energetic conversation about our relationship, where it was and where we wanted it to go. The show opened our eyes to the though of polyamory as a principle more than a practice and really welcome another season.

Leo
Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 PM

Wow, I totally missed this thread. Is this series available on hulu or anything?

Although if its premise centers on young thin pretty people having group sex, it paints a very inaccurate picture of Polyamory. As we experienced polys know, many people living this way are older, past the age of having young children, and certainly not living in large groups and having sex with 3 or more people all the time. If this producer would have read our board she could've seen all the middle aged polys here, singles, or couples, who date on their own, don't "share a female" in a triad, and guess what? Some of us are fat! And plain of face!

I love how she's trying to get people aged 25-50. Blech. Ageism. Old people being romantic and sexual is, of course, always gross.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37
Old 02-03-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Wow, I totally missed this thread. Is this series available on hulu or anything?
Not quite yet. It probably wont be until season 2 starts.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Not quite yet. It probably wont be until season 2 starts.
So there is a season 2? She found her young pretty group sex-havers?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
So there is a season 2? She found her young pretty group sex-havers?
AFAIK, yes. No idea when, but I have heard whispers that it got green-lit.

I know there's another poly show in the works currently but no idea who is making it. They're still trying to convince the suits its a good idea
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 AM

Exclamation Onthego_details

Or you could find me on here I we still have this by then I just made this account today and saw your add here too. I was going to post it but you beat me to it (hehe) def will be still interested always. Love to help get this beautiful lifestyle story out to the "real world".

Jessica & Stephen
Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 AM

You're looking for people to make another production with. My concern is that the people who may help you do it don't fully realize the consequences of having their names and faces on televisions around the world. What happens when their names are googled can cause them to lose jobs, not get hired, not get security clearances (in our move toward a national security state) and otherwise suffer socially and financially.

While some are independent, most are dependent for their livelihoods on people who must keep up appearances of conformity to ensure their own careers. Other friends and relatives are so conventional, or believe they must appear to be, will shun and isolate them. I was briefly involved in media production and I know that once the show is "in the can" there is little if any regard to what happens to the actors afterward. Sad, but that's the way it is.

Last edited by Stevenjaguar; 10-27-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 AM

I have not seen the show, so cannot comment on that. The only thing I have to say is: How do we know you're actually involved with the show? The only piece of information you've given is a free yahoo.com address, which, frankly, I can get a fairly official sounding email at... right now. poly.amoury@yahoo.com

Not to sound paranoid, but... I guess I'm paranoid.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 AM

As much as I enjoyed the first season, I'm...a little hesitant about the idea of there being another season.

The show just seemed to have a disproportionate focus on the sexual aspect of polyamory. Even the intro is hypersexual and I'm worried that people who aren't poly will draw the wrong conclusions from seeing the show.

Those of us here understand what we're seeing and get that polyamory is much more than a constant sex-fest. Mono people seeing the show I'm worried will take the wrong message away.

The concept of loving more than one person in a romantic way is such an alien concept for most people.

Dont get me wrong, I'm extremely excited to see polyamory in the national view but again I'm a little worried that the core message of the show is really only going to be heard by people who already speak the language. Preaching to the choir so to speak.

Tags
married and dating, polyamory