Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Default Semen is good for you?

At least for women, it seems. There's a Dr. Gallup (no relation to the pollster) at SUNY who did a study on the effect of semen on mood. A larger followup study duplicated the results.

"The finding that women who do not use condoms during sex are less depressed and less likely to attempt suicide than are women who have sex with condoms and women who are not sexually active, leads one researcher to conclude that semen contains powerful—and potentially addictive—mood-altering chemicals.
Semen contains hormones including testosterone, estrogen, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and prostaglandins, and some of these are absorbed through the walls of the vagina and are known to elevate mood."

I wonder if women with multiple partners are happier still? Just a thought.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM

Thumbs down

I've seen this reposted on a couple of different forums, and I still think it's the silliest thing I have ever heard.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM

Seems like it's for real. Dr is a prof at a respected university and the study was published in a peer-reviewed journal and followed up.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM

it might explain the really angry lesbians and the really happy gay guys
Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 PM

LOL. Really, tho, a lot of lesbians have reason to be angry and it has nothing to with not getting semen.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM

It's a cute thought but correlation doesn't imply causation, to finally get to use that cliche this week. Maybe the chemicals in latex condoms and artificial lubes cause depression? I don't know if I buy a couple teaspoons being that uplifting.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM

That Is the go part for women but for men will benefit from the sperm if he can keep it in other words if you hold your sperm and do not ejaculate will benefit your body in many ways if you can go for a 100 days without ejaculation the benefits are greater than taking vitamins or testosterones hard core practitioners of yoga chi kung tai chi and meditation do this to gather anergy for spiritulity and many benefits all this is base in holding the sperm there are different practices and different ways the Taoist do it also the Buddhist t still us mortal can benefit form this to just hold it and mediate or do tai chi or yoga if you can hold your sperm for 100 days and I’m no saying don’t have sex you Im saying hold it you can regain youth and energy but if you lose it all the time you lose your heir you’ll get impotent you’ll lose testosterone plus other important substance now you can also ejaculate every two months or every 300 days just ones that way youll only lose your part of your old sperm and produce new one now you have to try to keep some of the sperm that you already gather before never run on a anti-tank
the Book the Tao of sex will help with this

PS I being raying this for some time now and the most I have done was 3 months now I’m back on training and I have being having sex with my wife for 3 weeks no ejaculation
Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latincouple2012 View Post
That Is the go part for women but for men will benefit from the sperm if he can keep it in other words if you hold your sperm and do not ejaculate will benefit your body in many ways if you can go for a 100 days without ejaculation the benefits are greater than taking vitamins or testosterones hard core practitioners of yoga chi kung tai chi and meditation do this to gather anergy for spiritulity and many benefits all this is base in holding the sperm there are different practices and different ways the Taoist do it also the Buddhist t still us mortal can benefit form this to just hold it and mediate or do tai chi or yoga if you can hold your sperm for 100 days and I’m no saying don’t have sex you Im saying hold it you can regain youth and energy but if you lose it all the time you lose your heir you’ll get impotent you’ll lose testosterone plus other important substance now you can also ejaculate every two months or every 300 days just ones that way youll only lose your part of your old sperm and produce new one now you have to try to keep some of the sperm that you already gather before never run on a anti-tank
the Book the Tao of sex will help with this

PS I being raying this for some time now and the most I have done was 3 months now I’m back on training and I have being having sex with my wife for 3 weeks no ejaculation
Punctuate.

I'm pretty sure that if you hold it in all the time, you'll definitely lose your heir.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."