Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Default How do you even begin?

Hi I'm Chicken, I was writing something much longer and more detailed but
for now
I'll just say hello.
I'm in an 'open relationship' with my boyfriend but I think it's run its course.
And for a while I've entertained but never seriously considered the thought of being a permanent third wheel with a couple of friends I have.
I really don't know their opinion on this except the past few months I've almost exclusively hung around them
I see almost as much of them as I do my boyfriend, but they make me feel all kinds of happy.
I really love them in an honest way, and I think they see me in a similar light but I know I can't be sure without having some kind of conversation, I know.
That's where I'm at.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Welcome aboard.

Yes, it appears the next step is discussing the matter with the couple--and your bf. Wouldn't be cricket to start up with them without figuring out what's going on with him.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:08 PM

Default help....

I'm brand new to this forum and ... might sound stupid... but can't figure out how to post a new thread. Advise please.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherilips View Post
I'm brand new to this forum and ... might sound stupid... but can't figure out how to post a new thread. Advise please.
Go to the sub-forum that you want the thread in - for instance the "Introductions" sub-forum - you can follow the links back at the top left hand corner of this page. At the bottom left of the sub-forum page there is a "New Thread" button.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 PM

Thank you
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 PM

@ lapwing: That's the thing to do. An honest conversation is a must with every involved, except maybe current bf is he's soon to be out of the picture.

Have you slept with either of the couple? I think that would be a requisite before you begin. It seems to me it's premature to count on being a 3rd if you haven't and the other person was ok with it. In my limited experience with polyamory each person has to know what the relationship is with the other person - and keep talking. If the other people don't have experience with it, it's going to take a lot of work to make it work, but the rewards make it worth it. Good luck at it.