Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 AM

Default Young newbie here

So yeah, I知 new. I知 in my early twenties. I知 androgynous/bigender/genderqueer, but biologically female. I知 a pretty deep thinker, but also very adventurous.

I知 very new to being poly. I致e never had more than one relationship at a time; however, I think I知 poly because my love for a person never diminishes, even when I find someone new.

I知 going through a divorce right now, but I still have something of a relationship with my soon-to-be-ex. It痴 definitely non-exclusive though. Or at least it will be once the divorce is finalized. I知 not sure whether we値l always have a sexual relationship, but I know I値l always love him. Even though he is difficult to get along with at times.

I have one toddler, and although most of the time I feel like I知 right on the line between male/female, I definitely feel like a mother to him. But then mothering to me is as much a biological thing as it is a social thing. I知 definitely more of an earth-mother-animal type than your typical 杜ommy.

I知 hoping to make some new friends here, and talk about things I can稚 really discuss with most of my IRL friends, who are pretty conservative.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:44 AM

I'm new to the board as well. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

~Dolly
Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 AM

Hi skyler-
Welcome to you as well. I guess there are a lot of us newbies here, huh? I understand what you mean about your love for people not diminishing even when you've moved on. I've never understood how someone can (seemingly) cut their ties and move on so easiy. For me I feel like I can never entirely let go. Once I love, it always seems to be there, at least in some way.

And its refreshing to hear someone talk about different ways to mother. Sometimes the pressure to be the ideal soccer mom feels overwhelming. And then there's me- the tattooed left wing mom who always feels a little out of place!

Anyways- I'm rambling. Welcome!
Liz
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Official Greeter

Hello Skyler,

I wanted to belately say welcome ... Well, I wish I had been more punctual, but, welcome anywayz. I think it's pretty common for people to be in love with multiple others, a lot more common than people realize ...

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your stay so far.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.