Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 03:37 AM

Default BBC Documentary: "I Love You And You And You - End of Monogamy"

Has anyone seen this BBC documentary? My husband has just heard about it the other day, and I searched for it in the forums but the only result that came up was a Calgary article with a similar name. I'm very curious about the documentary and how it's portrayed. Trying to see if I can find it somewhere, in the meantime if anyone has seen it I'd love to hear about comments.

Quote:
A growing number of people are choosing a new way of life. They have rejected monogamy and turned their backs on conventional relationships. They believe their lifestyle is the future. They believe in polyamory.

Polyamory is the philosophy and practice of loving more than one. It means you no longer have to make do with one partner. You can have two or three, and so on without fear of jealousy or reprisal, and so can your partner.

With divorce rates almost up to one in two and 60% of couples having affairs, this fascinating film follows two ‘polyamorous’ families to see whether this growing subculture really could be a justifiable alternative to monogamy…?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:43 AM

This is available on various torrent sites. You may be able to find it and download it

I haven't heard about this but I plan to find it

http://polyinthemedia.blogspot.com/2...u-and-you.html

Looks like it is a few years old, not many feeds anywhere I can find. Something to do tonight I suppose, me V google..

Last edited by Ariakas; 05-24-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 AM

Thanks for that link, it's pretty interesting.

I'm not surprised that the more "boring" relationships (because they were drama-free or not "weird" or complicated enough) were dropped from the documentary, or that it was edited to make it look a certain way. This usually happen in documentaries since they care about ratings and want to make it sound all exciting, but they also don't want to be called immoral or anything so they do state their opinion in "the status quo is better" as much as they can.

I'm still curious to see it as I'm relatively new to polyamory, and new as far as actually living it. I'll just remember to take everything with a pound of salt, as usual in this kind of things.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:28 PM

wohoo found it, I almost gave up the google fight

http://vimeo.com/10523222

If you use firefox, find the video download tool that you can install and download the video to watch at your own pace

It is also on youtube, but the quality was bunk
Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 AM

Thanks! I'll take a look.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM

Thumbs up DvD

I've made a DvD of this along with the Montel Williams show where he featured Polyamory.

If anyone would like a free copy of this PM me with an address you feel comfortable about giving and I'll snail-mail you one.

Don't let the FBI know .. they are out to get me I tell you.... out to get me.

Just Me,
Tim
Round & round the circle goes.