Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 01:21 PM

Default Other successful triads out there??

So I write this post because there's so much hardship on these boards. I know that it is a part of the process, but sometimes you wanna read the good stuff right?? I know I do!

So, my wife and I have been together for 12 years, married for 7, and have had a live in gf for 2. Our family is AMAZING and there are times when I'm amazed at how well we all work together. We all sleep in the same bed, take care of each other, and basically live as very happily married...triple.

I wanna know if there are any other triad success stories like ours out there!! I know there are a few "V" relationships and that's AWESOME!! Guess I just wanted to see if there were any other families like ours out there.

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:26 PM

Congrats on the triad, thanks for sharing
Old 05-16-2010, 02:38 PM

I know of one extremelly successful triad locally. I'm dating one of the male members and am friends with the other male and female and their kids, lol.

Right now I'm living with primary, dating Possibility (part of the triad), my primary is feeling out the vibes with another female and has an ongoing fwb arrangement with someone else.

We are all very happy with this arrangement.

I'm not totally sure about primary's other female and know where I stand with fwb but the main people in this alphabet soup are quite happy with the arrangement we currently have.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM

Thank you Ariakas!!

Breathesgirl, I'm not sure I followed who's with who, but you're all happy and that's ALL that matters!! Kudos and good luck!

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the positive post. We would have been a lot more successful if my husband had been honest from the begining. But we're headed in a good direction and I have hopes for the future.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Thanks for the positive post. We would have been a lot more successful if my husband had been honest from the begining. But we're headed in a good direction and I have hopes for the future.
As they say, honesty is the best policy, but everyone's gotta learn that on their own. I'm glad that things are turning around and heading in the right direction. Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny40179 View Post
I wanna know if there are any other triad success stories like ours out there!! I know there are a few "V" relationships and that's AWESOME!! Guess I just wanted to see if there were any other families like ours out there.
I don't really know if my family should be called triad or V or whatever relationship, because I never cared much for such labels (in fact I only found out a few months ago that there was actually a term for our lifestyle at all). I love my boyfriend and I have sex with him. And I love his wife to whom I have an intimate relationship which is in no way a sexual one whatsoever. And our children are loved and raised by all three of us equally. So everyone is responsible for the relationship in the same way and has to interact with both partners - thus you may call it a triad in that way, though a V in the sexual sense. Now with my new boyfriend added I wouldn't know how to call this special constellation (probably that's what you'd call an N?!), so I prefer just to state that we're all happy with it
Old 05-17-2010, 12:31 PM

YEA! Keep the good stories coming!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by May View Post
I don't really know if my family should be called triad or V or whatever relationship, because I never cared much for such labels (in fact I only found out a few months ago that there was actually a term for our lifestyle at all). I love my boyfriend and I have sex with him. And I love his wife to whom I have an intimate relationship which is in no way a sexual one whatsoever. And our children are loved and raised by all three of us equally. So everyone is responsible for the relationship in the same way and has to interact with both partners - thus you may call it a triad in that way, though a V in the sexual sense. Now with my new boyfriend added I wouldn't know how to call this special constellation (probably that's what you'd call an N?!), so I prefer just to state that we're all happy with it
I agree, that labels don't always work for everyone, but for it's just a lil easier, ya know?? Like you said, all that matters is that everyone in your family is HAPPY!! That's what I wanna see!! Thanks for sharing your story!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:05 AM

Wasn't even aware that there was a name for our 'lifestyle' until a few months ago; we were just figuring thing out on our own.

We've been a trio (triad? whatever the term is...) for about 20 years, so I guess that would count as successful. One daughter who's now struggling through early college. We own (along with some loaning agency) a house, and with three modest incomes are managing to stay ahead of the tide. Everyone has their own room, chores are handled by those who do them best (I don't cook, because otherwise we'd eat out all the time) and although there have been some uncertain times, overall we're generally happy.