Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Default When things are good....

On this site, I've read alot about people going through different kinds of relationship drama. I guess it's to be expected due to the complicated nature of our relationships and the outside stresses put on them. Unfortunately, my relationships are no exception. Our drama is posted here too. We've definitely had our share. But despite the frequent setbacks, I'm generally optomistic about making my poly relationship with Kattails and Morning glory work. It hasn't been smooth. I have felt more extremes in the past year than ever before. Complete joy has turned to absolute despair to cautious optomism and back to joy in just a day's time on more than a few occasions. The ups and downs can be hellish, but obviously there is something so very good about the good times that keeps us coming back. Why else would we bother? For me, when things are good, both MG and KT are happy. And that makes me very happy too. The times that the three of us have been together left me with a smile plastered on my face that I thought would never leave. And really, it was less about the sex (which was outstanding, of course) than the feeling that we had finally made it to a place, if just for a moment, of understanding, cooperation and respect. Of course, after each of those times, jealousy, mistrust, and disappointment burst the bubble of euphoria in which I was floating. Coming down hurt, but that little taste of what could be has kept me working hard to find a way for this to happen. I think it can.
I'm feeling pretty good today, so finish this line for me-
When things are good.....
Old 05-10-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rings View Post
I think ups and downs are more the norm than the exception at first 2rings.
Here's how I once explained it to Redpepper.
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/album...&pictureid=321

Take care
Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 PM

I expect ups and downs, I just wish that they weren't so extreme.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:50 PM

Also, if any mods come across this thread, I probably should have posted it in general discussions instead. Please move it when you can. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I have felt more extremes in the past year than ever before. Complete joy has turned to absolute despair to cautious optomism and back to joy in just a day's time on more than a few occasions. The ups and downs can be hellish, but obviously there is something so very good about the good times that keeps us coming back. Why else would we bother? For me, when things are good, both MG and KT are happy. And that makes me very happy too. The times that the three of us have been together left me with a smile plastered on my face that I thought would never leave. And really, it was less about the sex (which was outstanding, of course) than the feeling that we had finally made it to a place, if just for a moment, of understanding, cooperation and respect. Of course, after each of those times, jealousy, mistrust, and disappointment burst the bubble of euphoria in which I was floating. Coming down hurt, but that little taste of what could be has kept me working hard to find a way for this to happen. I think it can.
I'm feeling pretty good today, so finish this line for me- When things are good.....
......each of us is getting their needs met, no one person feels left out or slighted and there is communication and respect between all three of us. A breakdown in any of those things - we crash.

Baby - I know that I am responsible for a majority, if not all, of our "hellish" times. For that - I am sorry to you both. After both times the three of us were together, it was me who melted down. It was my jealousy of seeing you two together that set me off. It has been my insecurities and my feelings of inadequacies that have hurt you and MG. I am working on those negative emotions.

I know that the love that we have is incredibly strong and will carry us through anything. I know the love between you and MG is strong enough that you need this to work. I know the love that MG and I feel for you is strong enough that we will do whatever it takes to make you happy. I hope that MG and I can start building up our relationship so that together, we are strong enough to make this work.

Hang in there - these hard times will be worth it in the end. I promise!

Don't give up on me! I love you - incredibly!

Kat

Last edited by KatTails; 05-10-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
On this site, I've read alot about people going through different kinds of relationship drama. I guess it's to be expected due to the complicated nature of our relationships and the outside stresses put on them. Unfortunately, my relationships are no exception. Our drama is posted here too. We've definitely had our share. But despite the frequent setbacks, I'm generally optomistic about making my poly relationship with Kattails and Morning glory work. It hasn't been smooth. I have felt more extremes in the past year than ever before. Complete joy has turned to absolute despair to cautious optomism and back to joy in just a day's time on more than a few occasions. The ups and downs can be hellish, but obviously there is something so very good about the good times that keeps us coming back. Why else would we bother? For me, when things are good, both MG and KT are happy. And that makes me very happy too. The times that the three of us have been together left me with a smile plastered on my face that I thought would never leave. And really, it was less about the sex (which was outstanding, of course) than the feeling that we had finally made it to a place, if just for a moment, of understanding, cooperation and respect. Of course, after each of those times, jealousy, mistrust, and disappointment burst the bubble of euphoria in which I was floating. Coming down hurt, but that little taste of what could be has kept me working hard to find a way for this to happen. I think it can.
I'm feeling pretty good today, so finish this line for me-
Reading your story is a little like a flashback. I appreciate you coming on here and opening up

The way I described what you seem to go through was finding that pinnacle made everything in my life feel brighter. Everything seemed more colourful, and I just felt...RIGHT...

I will say this, regardless of the relationship, there are ups and downs. One of the things I learned from my initial foray into poly. I intend to reign in the highs a little more so the lows don't hit quite so hard (I say that now hahaha)
Old 05-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
I will say this, regardless of the relationship, there are ups and downs. One of the things I learned from my initial foray into poly. I intend to reign in the highs a little more so the lows don't hit quite so hard (I say that now hahaha)
Oh no you won't...when the feeling comes along again, as it will, you will jump head first and there will be no reigning in the highs...what's the point of dealing with the lows if you aren't experienceing the exhiliration of the high...even the warm, fuzzy, calm has it's own high. Love with abandon!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory629 View Post
Oh no you won't...when the feeling comes along again, as it will, you will jump head first and there will be no reigning in the highs...what's the point of dealing with the lows if you aren't experienceing the exhiliration of the high...even the warm, fuzzy, calm has it's own high. Love with abandon!
Ideally the lows don't quite drop as low...

But ya, if I find it again, my intellect will want to control the emotion...but its a rough battle ...
Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Ideally the lows don't quite drop as low...

But ya, if I find it again, my intellect will want to control the emotion...but its a rough battle ...
me thinks the good guys will win...in other words happiness and love will prevail.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 AM

MG - I agree!