Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Default To be the best husband I can be

My affirmation:

J is my wife, and partner. She is my wife by choice, both hers and mine. We are both autonomous individuals and while she has a great deal of influence over me, she does not own me, nor do I own her; again we are together by choice. I cannot and will not force her to be anything other than who she is. I protect her and provide for her, but I do not own her. I cannot keep her in a cage locked away from the world; she is a free spirit, and I would not have it any other way.

I will always strive to be her hero, and her champion. I will always be here for her, and make her happiness a priority. When she comes home to me, I will be here for her. I find strength in the knowledge that I am worthy of her wonderful love and that strength steels me against my insecurities. I promise myself that I will endeavor to be the best husband I can possibly be, so that it will always be easy for her to make the choice to be with me.

Last edited by Skater21; 07-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater21 View Post
My affirmation:

J is my wife, and partner. She is my wife by choice, both hers and mine. We are both autonomous individuals and while she has a great deal of influence over me, she does not own me, nor do I own her; again we are together by choice. I cannot and will not force her to be anything other than who she is. I protect her and provide for her, but I do not own her. I cannot keep her in a cage locked away from the world; she is a free spirit, and I would not have it any other way.

I will always strive to be her hero, and her champion. I will always be here for her, and make her happiness a priority. When she comes home to me, I will be here for her. I find strength in the knowledge that I am worthy of her wonderful love and that strength steels me against my insecurities. I promise myself that I will endeavor to be the best husband I can possibly be, so that it will always be easy for her to make the choice to be with me.
Amazing. You are a wonderful husband!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Aww, how sweet. That is lovely.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM

Brings a smile to my face.. Nicely said.