Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 AM

Lightbulb Poly Colorado Couple looking for Female Unicorn

I am a 33 year old male who has been happily married for the past 3 years. The reason why I am here is because my wife and I are looking for our female third to share our lives with. Now keep in mind this is not going to be a kinky, purely sexual relationship. My wife and I are looking for a soul mate.

We are both pagan and love the outdoors. My wife is a goddess in every sense of the word and I pamper her to no end. We are both dedicated to making the best out of our lives. My wife is a professional pastry chef and I am a professional in training (a.k.a: full time student working on my master's).

We currently have 2 dogs and 2 ferrets and we enjoy spending time with our animals as much as we love spending time together. My wife is really into Roller Derby and I am really supportive of her dreams to be the next big thing in Roller Derby. We have a really good relationship and enjoy each other.

Interests include, but are not limited to; making the most out of life, farmer's markets, cooking, baking, movies, theater, and other fun activities. We like billiards, pub crawls, pub trivia, and cruising some of our favorite metaphysical stores. We live in a small town but we have big dreams.

My wife is a tree hugging, crystal loving, shopping girl with a green thumb and a heart of gold. I am a logical idealist, whiz in the kitchen, guy there to lend my support to my wife while she starts up her bakery!

My wife is of Spanish descent and I am an eclectic mix of Scandanavian, Italian, and Samoan. We are both into piercings and tattoos and have grand plans to add to our small collection.

We are pickers who often find treasures in thrift stores, antique shops, and garage sales but that doesn't mean we horde because we do not believe in excess. My wife loves candles and I <3 watches with a passion even though I refuse to wear any other watch then the one my wife bought me.

Now if we sound like a couple you would like to get to know, then please feel free to message us so that we can talk. Especially if you are in the Colorado area or looking to visit the Colorado area as we prefer not to engage in a long distance relationship.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 AM

Hi Icelandic,

I was drawn to your post because I am a thrift store junkie as well. Pyrex is my main obsession-- the colors and designs are so pretty and combinations are almost infinite! I love the thrill of the hunt.

Anyway, you say you're looking for a unicorn, so you know their rarity. Would you be open to a person who was more into your wife emotionally and sexually, and just liked you as a friend, or vice versa? This is what usually happens, at least 90% of the time. If a woman started out into both of you, but became closer with one of you after hot sex NRE slowed down, would you veto her?

Is this your first foray into poly dating, or have you 2 had separate lovers in the past?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 PM

Hey Mags,

I totally understand just how rare the elusive "unicorn" can be but to be honest with you this is not our first foray into poly dating and we have had 2 seperate lovers in the past. Unfortunately it was just not the dynamic we are looking for. We are looking for someone to share our lives with.

We would like to have someone together so that there are three equally passionate, involved, emotional individuals with equal say in the relationship. We have had a relationship like this a couple of times in the past and it was very successful. The only reason why they didn't continue to be successful is that the other individuals moved on in different ways and keeping the relationship proved to be next to impossible.

Since my wife and I are both in this together; if a potential girl were to be more emotionally and sexually into my wife then my wife would not allow the relationship to continue. Same thing with me if the "girl" were to be more into me. I know that only gives us 10% to work with, but we are not in a hurry and can wait for the right one to come along.

On a more happy note; Yes! We both love thrift store shopping. I have found some really nice jewelry at my thrift store on many occasions. I have found Tiffany's, not the knock off stuff because I had it authenticated. I have also found some really cheap prices on some good boks like a 1st Edition Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:21 PM

Hey, sounds like you are going into this with your eyes open about your chances of finding someone, and that you are patient - so many that come on here aren't - they expect that they will post an ad and all the unicorns will just come running!

I wish you luck!

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Well we would love to toss out our proverbial nets and catch ourselves a dozen unicorns to chose from. But we are being realistic about it. And we can wait patiently until till our unicorn comes.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:35 PM

Well, I just feel bad for any prospects that come your way, who feel equal NRE/lust for both of you, but over time feel more connected to one or the other, or one of you still finds her desirable, but the other becomes less enamoured, and then said failed unicorn gets vetoed, rejected.

I hope you warn her clearly up front, stay equally in love with both of us, or your ass is out! And be warned, if one of us finds ourselves less drawn to you (which is out of her control), you are also gonna find yourself history.

Hmmmm... no wonder most unicorns have low self esteem and are merely looking for scraps of attention from established couples, to agree to such a scenario.

Good job finding Tiffany jewelry in the thrifts!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 AM

I love your post I am a bi female looking for my couple... I am very into healing , stones, nature, love, massage and much more. I am in the 80003 area. And would be interested in exchanging pics and meeting up if your still looking. Imnew to this site so im not sure howto private message but ill send you one if I figure it out!

Tags
unicorn, unicorn hunters