Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 PM

Lightbulb Polyamory: Married and Dating - Premier July 12th

FYI

See more at Polyamory in the News:

"The Showtime cable network has (finally) issued a press release and posted trailers announcing its reality series "Polyamory: Married and Dating." Among the people the series will feature are poly-community organizer and tantra teacher Kamala Devi, her husband Michael McClure, and their extended pod. Seven half-hour segments will air Thursdays from July 12 through August 23."

http://polyinthemedia.blogspot.com/2...tv-series.html

Just Me,
Tim
Round & round the circle goes.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 PM

Sadly, the videos aren't available from my location. I'm cautiously interested though.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM

I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be quite as sex-focused as the previews make it look.

No doubt it will be interesting.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:42 AM

What ISN'T sex-focused in tv/movies/etc anymore?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Default drat basic cable!!

I wish I got Showtime! I want to see this!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Glad I saw this post, I have set up my DVR!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 PM

Default Here's the teaser for Polyamory: Married and Dating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gORoIA4FnQw
This summer spread the love. Don't miss the series premiere of Polyamory: Married & Dating beginning July 12th at 11PM ET/PT. This provocative reality series takes an inside look at non-monogamous, committed relationships that involve more than two people. Lindsey and Anthony are married, but live in a triad (three-way relationship) with their girlfriend, Vanessa. Husband and wife Michael and Kamala (who have a young son) are adjusting to having two of their lovers, fellow married couple Jen and Tahl, move in with them. This explicit look at modern-day polyamory follows characters grappling with the emotional and sexual drama of sharing their hearts, as well as their beds.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Now that I have seen the trailer, I agree that it looks framed in a sexual way. It's weird though, the people talk about love, the images show sex.
Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM

It's cool to see poly in the more mainstream media in general but I do agree, this looks very sex-focused and there is a bit of a disconnect in the overtly (almost exclusively) sexual imagery in the promo but the talk is about love. While I am all for sex-positivity, I think it can be a very fine line to toe with something like this and I fear the media may err on the side of exploiting the sex over really exploring the full intimate relationships. We'll hafta wait and see on that. I've set my DVR and will definitely check it out.

I'm not crazy about the "Married and Dating" subtitle, personally. I guess if it were part of an ongoing series where each 'season' had a different focus or something that might be cool but I don't like the insinuation that poly = open marriage. And I'm not nuts about the triad appearing to be represented by a 2 + 1 dynamic. I hope that's not how it is presented. If so, would like to see a 1+1+1 dynamic represented in addition.
I guess I take personal exception to that as a bit of a "unicorn" myself. Last thing I need is for that to be people I know's mainstream intro to a poly triad. Lol. It's already hard enough for them to wrap their brains around it being a relationship that happens to involve three people, not a couple plus me.

I'm very curious to see how this show is presented. I have my reservations but would love to be proven wrong and see it done well. I just think that poly needs more than a few 30min shows about a couple of open marriages to be given a fair shake.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
It's weird though, the people talk about love, the images show sex.
It's Showtime - what do you expect?

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 07-17-2012 at 05:56 AM.