Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 05:27 AM

Cool Poly-curious

The other week I gave my beloved wife Permission to see, date and sleep with other men. A few insightful conversations led me to believe she had such desires. I think she was rather surprised by my making the offering; but extremely pleased. We were married when she was rather young (20). Her brother and sister have been traveling the world. Where as she's mostly stuck at home with three children. I began to sense that a part of her felt caged.

We can't afford to travel the world. Children are already here. So about the one thing in my power to do was to give her more personal sexual liberty.

Even she doesn't know to what extent she'll pursue things, though the is a good chance she'll pursue things to an eventually penetrating level. I think I'm mostly okay. Though not sure one knows how they'll truly handle it until it happens. I do love her very much and want her to be happy.

As for myself. I like the idea of poly-fidelus marriages. Though I could potentially see myself enjoying others as well.

What I'd really like to do is explore some more open sexuality. Skinny dipping in pools and rivers, sex with my wife in the same room as another couple having sex, strip poker and other erotic games, etc. Enter the world "softly".

There is one guy at work my wife was kind of interested in and thought might have been flirting with her. Alas, he did not respond to her Facebook request, and is a little bummed about it. I tried to be sympathetic for her.

Anyways would love insights into events & places to make soft entry into. Too many personals are crude and over the top for me. I'd just love to find like a clothing optional pool party type thing.

Kyra's Pet
(yes I have a bit of a sub streak as well)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.

So I have a question for you... you mention your wife dating and having sex with other men, and you give various examples of sexual things that either she could do, or that you would consider doing. But you mention polyfidelity as well. That implies something beyond sex, and something that is quite different - how are you going to feel when she falls madly in love with one of these guys? How are you going to feel when she wants this guy to be such a day-to-day part of your life, not just a sexual fling?

I am guessing from the terminology that you use that this is something that you have considered. What are your feelings on this?

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 06-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Official Greeter

Hi Kyra's,
Welcome to our forum.

There isn't any easy ways I know of to find the type of venues you're looking for, you just Google "clothing optional" and see what turns up. Or you can Google "polyamory _____" (putting the State you live in in the blank). Perhaps there's a poly group in your locality and you could get together with them if they're holding social outings. If there are any swinger groups in your area, you could see if they have any non-sexual get-togethers and get to know them that way.

Continue to do some research, and have patience, as the right time and place will eventually arrive. Interacting with various people on Polyamory.com will give you some idea of what to expect.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.