Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Default Iowa

Hi all,

I am a 23 yr old female and bi-choosy, he is 33 yr old male and straight. We have been married for 2 1/2 years. We are looking for both poly friends and partners. Iowa seems to have a non-existant poly community, so it would be great to get to meet other like-minded people. We have a power exchange based relationship and are looking for someone to form a long-term relationship with.

bella
Old 04-09-2010, 07:10 PM

Well you see something new every day. I have never seen the term bi-choosy hahaha
Old 04-10-2010, 01:51 PM

I kind of view it as the difference in the way that I am attracted to men vs. women. There have been women that I have become close to and then become attracted to them. With men, there is more of an instant attraction or there isn't attraction at all
Old 11-14-2010, 08:59 AM

Default Hey there

We are a poly couple from Northern Iowa and agree that we r a rare breed in Iowa...we r talking to a woman right now and working on establishing a relationship with her and r talking about her moving in just not for sure when..Would luv to chat
Old 11-26-2010, 03:15 PM

I have met and befriended three different people in the last decade that are poly. I even married one of them.
All in the Central Iowa area.

I think part of the lack of poly is not knowing/understanding the term; one of my friends just didn't know there was a term for the way she thought. And the other is fear that friends or family will react poorly. Sadly, the mid-west isn't the ideal place to be unique when it comes to fundamentals like family structure or sexual orientation.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:43 PM

Hey! We are a younger couple (20 & 27) also looking for poly friends & possibly more. We are interested to chat with you two
Agnes & Ryan
Old 03-14-2011, 08:54 AM

Default Poly curious female Iowa

hello I am a 36 yr old female that is very poly curious i also live in Iowa and hope to meet new friends on here
Old 03-17-2011, 02:15 AM

Aha! So a poly scene in Iowa DOES exist! Hello everyone, we're Xu and Sol. We're a 21M/19F couple seeking to add a third to our wonderful relationship!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 PM

Greetings fellow Iowans! 31 hetero male, here (although I'll be 32 in just a bit...). I live on the NW part of the state - right on the edge of the Nebraska and South Dakota state lines.

Not really sure if I'm mono or poly. On one hand, I've never thought of myself as poly, but then the whole idea is relatively new to me. On the other, I apparently have an atypical relationship with my exes. Once I start loving someone I hardly ever stop, so I prefer to remain friends with all of my former lovers, even if we find we don't work as a couple.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:32 PM

Default omg there is iowa pepole the same as us

We are a cpl. going on 7 years together. Looking for a 3rd but who is not. We love the out doors. just Trying to have some fun with some like minded people with out getting dirty looks like we are crazy. Well also maybe meet up with a single female lol