Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Hi everyone!

Hi, I have been a serial lurker for a few months now, this website has helped me immensely so thank you to all who post.
I am in a long term relationship (coming up to 5 yrs this yr) with a man (i'll call him the Crow). My journey started in November last yr when I was researching into Paganism and found the word polyamory. When I learnt what that was I could not believe that people actually live it! I felt like it made so much sense & it sounded great! I understood that this is what I have felt all my life. With my current partner I had resigned myself to the fact that I was very happy with him & would not be looking for anyone else, ever again. But I always have crushes & always wanted to experience more love. Also, as I am in my 20's, I felt like I needed to experience more (after only having one other boyfriend).
I worked up the courage to tell my partner that I thought I was poly and what did he think. Even though I love him & know he is very open minded I was very nervous as I did not know what his reply would be. He was surprised and seemed quite happy about the possibility. After a few weeks his opinion of poly went up and down as he tried to figure it out in his head and I tried not to rush him. To me, there is no doubt in my head that I am capable of loving more than one even though I've only had crushes. He was not sure if he could.
Anyway, after a few more months of discussions he has agreed to open our relationship & take it slowly. He can see now that he too may have been poly all along.
One of my main worries is how to appraoach someone who does not know what poly is who I would like to date!
Will keep you all posted on how it all happens.
Queen
Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Welcome!!! Take it slow and hope you discover what you are looking for!