Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 07:06 PM

Default scared and upset

Hey ya'al...
first a warning... if you've been through an abusive relationship before this may contain triggers. Please take care of yourself and don't read it if you're liable to PTSD or overwhelmingly strong emotions. I know I'll be OK.

So I've written a lot about the bad deterioration of my past triad relationship. This has come to the point where I'm actually afraid for my safety from my ex-girlfriend.
Quick history-- my boyfriend and my ex-girlfriend were married. Now they're not. She was physically abusive to him and verbally abusive to me throughout the course of our triad. I left, he followed, she filed for divorce. She was physically abusive to him before either of them met me.
My boyfriend and I never reported it to the police, something I bitterly regret in retrospect. He was afraid they wouldn't believe him and I didn't feel scared for my safety back then.
Now I've heard through common friends more and more stories of how crazy she is becoming during this divorce. I am actually afraid for my safety, like that she'll send one of her boyfriends after me with a tire iron or something crazy like that. I don't know if I'm over-reacting but I just get a very bad feeling about all of this.
It's so hard on my relationship with my boyfriend. I sometimes just want to skip the province for a while. But I have my life here I want to live and I have a right to live it.
I don't have any "reason" to believe that she'll actually hurt me. It's just I know how illogical and short-tempered she is from our relationship. I know how she lets her emotions get away with her. I know how she doesn't even remember how to think when she gets upset. I've never felt this afraid before.
Eish this is so scary and f'd up.

Tags
abuse, divorce, vee