Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 02:15 AM

Default Hello Everyone

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I'm also new to actually being in a poly relationship, but I'm not new to the concepts of polyamory.

Eight years ago I had my first experiences with non-monogamy by being involved with a couple that considered themselves to be swingers. Five years ago I discovered polyamory while reading online. I was seeking scientific information about whether or not humans could truly love someone, but also have sex with others. It was then that I discovered that some human's are able to love more than one person romantically at the same time.

Over the past 8 years I've been sexually involved with people that didn't consider themselves to be swingers, but they also did not consider themselves to be poly. Regardless of the titles, it was also me having sex with a woman that had a primary partner, and we did not have dates alone.

I have always lived in areas with poplulations of 5,000 to 30,000, but in 2009 I finally moved to a city with 500,000+. After 4 months of living here, I started attending poly events with the local poly group. First, I became involved with a married woman that lives in another city. Our relationship has faded, and is almost non-existant.

Two, months after starting that first relationship, I started dating a married poly woman that lives in the same city as myself, and is also active with the local poly group. She is 10 years my senior. Our relationship has been very fulfilling. Things are going very well. I do struggle with various feelings and emotions, and I do experience much anxiety at various times. I will write more about those issues in another thread. Just for now, I will say that she has three lovers; her husband, boyfriend A, and I came into the picture 4 months ago (wow, it feels like 6 months at the least).

I'm happy to be communicating in a place where I can discuss things that I struggle with, but I still feel that I will need to remain very anonymous and not declare various things that would allow those around me in the local poly group to be able to identify me.

Last edited by Vexxed; 02-15-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:16 AM

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experiences

Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-19-2010, 06:09 PM

Thanks MonoV