Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 07:44 AM

Default New Years Eve

I'm just curious how some people here decide who they are going to spend New Years Eve with. Im in a vee and since he has been very quiet about it I suspect I havent been chosen so I'm making other plans. But he spent almost every day this week with her and Christmas eve and Christmas Day so I'm not surprised. I think I'm ready to quit anyway.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:58 AM

Current bf was invited to go far away for a gaming. Was going to take previous bf with him. Then it came to pass that there's some big event a few hours away ~ pinball NYE party. At first I thought it sounded fun, then I reasoned. Okay, I get to drive, because they're going to drink; and I get to sit around all night and watch them play pinball? Uh, no thanks. But then I also realized that I'm slightly freaked out to be with them both. I haven't been since the possibility for both of them to be with me has opened.

I'm likely to do what I always do. Stay home and watch the ball drop, if I can be awake that long. Probably current bf will stay and do that also.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 12-30-2011, 07:59 AM

and by 'be with' I mean just sucking air in the same room, not sex. We've all been great friends for 9 years (was with first bf for about 3, then with current for the last 6).

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 AM

Husband, boyfriend and I will spend all of the night together. We don't sleep together normally but for the turn of the year we decided to stay on the sofa, all three of us. We are going to celebrate at home and with our neighbors. The biggest party is always on the street right infront of our house. The early evening will be filled with whine, grapes, molten cheese, some TV and board games. Looking forward to it

My Blog
Old 12-30-2011, 01:21 PM

These things are not important to me. Really, who cares? I would rather be by myself on a holiday than get swept up in forced joviality just because there's a day on a calendar that society says I should be celebrating. If I choose to celebrate something, I can happily do it alone, or will invite whomever I want. If they can be with me, great, if not, I love my own company. I make my own holidays. If I want to be with someone, I schedule it, but if it can't be when I want it to happen, I will take the next available date and go with the flow. I don't need to stress over such things.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-30-2011, 03:23 PM

Gonna get shitfaced.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 PM

My husband left the option open for me because he didn't really have any plans. My boyfriend has plans that involve family...and they haven't been the most welcoming to me lately (long story). I think my husband and I are going to try to see a good friend of ours that only visits occasionally, so that should be fun.
...oh, and what KindaPod said.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, cheryl.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 PM

I get to be with everyone for New Years so I am super stoked! Hubby, Fiona, and Mario (and their son) are coming to my family's big gathering! Granted, nobody there (besides us and my sister and her husband) know that there is anything other than friendship between us, but I will take what I can get.

Fiona and I will get to sleep in the same bed which is always nice since it is a rarity. The only negative? We will be in my parents' basement so we have to be quiet.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 PM

I get to spend the evening with everyone!

John gets first kiss, which means F and T will probably get first kiss, but all three of my loveies get new years kisses from me. Im so lucky!

M - John's girlfriend
Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 AM

Not really sure. We are either gonna be with a few new friends or just the 2 of us. The plans are still up in the air. None of our usual friends are wanting to get together for various valid reasons.

Tags
celebrations, holidays