Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Site Usage > User Guidelines & Forum Features

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 07:56 AM

Default Subforum change?

Only just noticed the change from the "new to poly" or whatever it was to the now "Poly Relationships Corner". Wonder why the change in name, and with it, does there come a change in its usage? Why change and not just add? As people new to poly, may be looking for more than just relationship stuff. The "general poly" part of the forum hardly seems like the best place for new people. Really seems like getting right into the deep end, where people are often talking about their own experiences and views on poly, that people new to what it is, may not feel they are at that same level. The level below this, seemingly only to be "introductions", being a self explanatory title of the place you introduce yourself.

Perhaps totally pointless of me to post... I just felt I needed to understand it better.
=]
Old 12-25-2011, 08:48 AM

To me, having it as a "Poly Relationships Corner" would open it up to being an area where ANYONE could go for advice/questions regardless to whether or not they are new to poly. "General Poly" could then be used as more of a discussion area with hypothetical questions, questions brought up by other threads, etc. without the need for a specific attachment to the issue at hand.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
To me, having it as a "Poly Relationships Corner" would open it up to being an area where ANYONE could go for advice/questions regardless to whether or not they are new to poly. "General Poly" could then be used as more of a discussion area with hypothetical questions, questions brought up by other threads, etc. without the need for a specific attachment to the issue at hand.
I guess that makes sense to me. =]
=]
Old 12-25-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
Right on target.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?