Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Banned

Default Ladystuff question

I'm curious- does anybody have any good suggestions for dealing with recurring yeast infections? I've never had any yeast infections until earlier this year when I got extremely sick and was on massive doses of antibiotics. Ever since then they keep popping up. I've seen the gyn about it and was given prescription creams and pills and whatnot, but they still pop up and it's it's getting freaking annoying!

I am making sure to keep live culture yogurt in my diet and try to limit my sugar intake.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

Smile

I do not know if this helps with yeast infections, but one great thing that helps with blatter issues and cleaning the inside parts related to this is cranbarries. If you can't/don't want to dink it they make great pills for this too. I have fond high doses of Cranbarry pills at walgreens that has high doses of vitmin C and E so this is a great way to boost your emmune system while cleaning out the urinary track. I have had multiple urinary, bladder, and kidney infections in my life and I know the cranberry works!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Banned

Oh yes...I actually drink lots of cranberry juice for that reason. Plus I just really like cranberry juice
Old 12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
Oh yes...I actually drink lots of cranberry juice for that reason. Plus I just really like cranberry juice

The unsweetened cranberry juice? I pour about an inch of that stuff into a glass and have it with Polar seltzer water. otherwise it's worse than biting into a lemon.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:42 PM

AZO makes a pill-it's in the health food section of our grocery store that helps a LOT. WHen i was taking a crapload of antibiotics I was having that issue.
http://www.azoproducts.com/products/azo_yeast
Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned

I'll give that pill a try, thanks.

And yeah, I actually like unsweetened cranberry juice. When get the chance I also enjoy raw cranberries.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM

Default ladystuff

I just wanted to tell you about my Diva cup.
(and start a new thread for the ladies to discuss stuff that would interest us)
I love my Diva cup. I had one about 15 years ago that was made of some kind of natural rubber and it was good, but now they make them with silicone and it rocks.
Okay, its not for the faint of heart. It does involve being intimately involved with your menstrual blood. Its a bit of a challenge if you are going out and have to use a public bathroom. Its a bit of a challenge during heavy flow times as it needs emptying often. However, you can have sex with it in! This was big for me (ahum... And others ). Unlike a tampon that you take out before sex it can stay in and your vaginal passage stays lubed up with natural juices. As us ladies know, tampons dry the whole thing out. I find it most useful in the latter part of my moon period as it can be left in for long periods of time to catch the end stuff. My vagina doesn't taste like old menstral blood because of this too.

No apologize if you've read this guys. You came here of your own volition (who knows, maybe this thread will be helpful to your women folk too).
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

OMG I love the Diva cup!

I used to use one called The Keeper back in the early 90's and somewhere along the way switched to the Diva cup because you could get them in the stores and not have to mail order them.

I also find that while the heavy part of my period isn't very long, I too tend to have that lingering part at the end that's just a pain. The Diva cup makes that so much more tolerable. I also try to keep a water bottle in my purse for when I have to possibly change my Diva cup in a public restroom.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Custodian

My period sucks. Be thankful you're not me.

I use a cosmetic sea-sponge in lieu of tampons.

PS - My last cycle was 23 days. It's usually 25.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
My period sucks. Be thankful you're not me.

I use a cosmetic sea-sponge in lieu of tampons.

PS - My last cycle was 23 days. It's usually 25.
This explains sooo much...

kidding! kidding, I promise! That actually really does suck. I can't imagine. Ugh.

You gals all talking about your diva cups and tomatoes and stuff are giving me a little bit of period envy. Not enough though. Love being a guy. Peeing standing up rocks.

Tags
female, women