Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM

Default Eyebrows first into the void...

Well then: I don't know how many Brits frequent this place, but here I am, somewhere under Bristol by a lake, got dumped a few months ago and am slowly allowing the realisation to bob up to the surface that what I've always wanted was to be part of something like this (you'll have to imagine it slowly spinning so no-one's actually 'at the top'):
...M
./....\
F.––.M
oh, and all the dotted lines are to make this not look wrong (stupid BBS too smart for its own good) and and... but you get the picture. Always thought I was nuts (or some more psychobabblical psychobiblical term meaning 'you're just kidding yourself/evil/thing') but it's becoming apparent that there's lots of other folk out there who feel 'the same' as I do, and that actually it's completely up to me whether I go for what I really want.

So here I am, glad to have found this forum after getting sidetracked by stupid dating sites 'free! - oh, no, actually not free!' etc.) Once I get back from my pre-Easter shopping, I'll be avidly reading you lot for the rest of the weekend, I expect

Love, yoxi x

Last edited by yoxi; 04-11-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Welcome to the boards.

The way that sort of setup is described would be "a MMF triad." The "triad" indicates that each is romantically involved with both of the others. A "MMF Vee," in contrast, denotes that the first M and the F are each tied to the central M and not each other.

So you're wanting a triad. Have anybody in mind for the other two thirds?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:35 PM

It'a all a bit too soon to answer that . I've been chatting with someone on a dating forum who's in a polyamorous relationship already, and this was what made me realise that was what I wanted to be part of. I don't know whether this someone and her polyfella are interested in me, I'm somewhat older than they are (though she said that wasn't an issue). We'll see.

I just know that a vee wouldn't do it for me, it'd have to be a triad. I've literally been dreaming about it ever since I was around 11. I thought it was just me either being bi, or throwing some kind of safety net because I 'didn't want to admit I was gay', or some such 70's bollocks. But I've several times fallen in love with both halves of a couple, and never told them (and hardly even told myself). New horizons, new opportunities to feel vulnerable and 15 again, dammit!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Smile

Welcome to the board and I do hope you find the triad of your dreams. I'm in a FMF triad and it's mostly great with all the ups and downs that come with any relationship.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:23 PM

Aye - I have a mixture of impatience and caution battling it out, and so I'm not in a hurry and I am too . It'll happen or it won't - at least I now know that I want it to.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 PM

yoxi,

somewhere, somehow, earlier, I was able to look at your photo, with its wild eyebrows, enlarged. in that enlarged version i was able to see the books on the shelves behind your eyebrows. these are the sort of books i used to spend a lot of time reading. i still keep them on my shelves behind my more frequently trimmed eybrows. odds are, one day i'll get the urge to read them again. these days, i'm more interested in, say, when i find myself in a cafe or restaraunt, listening to the sounds of footsteps and human voices and rattling dishes, pots, pans, as composer, John Cage instructed--hinted, really--me to do some back-when. the idea being to listen to the sounds as one would listen to music, without interpreting the sounds or thinking about them as, say, language and pots and pans and footsteps.

also fun is writing paragraphs without knowing when or where to discover a paragraph break, or using no capital letters sometimes you can play at doing away with punctuation

lately i've been thinking about maybe assembling a book of "exercises" only they wouldn't be leading anywhere or getting anything done

or providing oneself with an agenda based on the silly notion that i'm not
or you are not good enough just as we are

there's nothing wrong with say sitting still on the floor or
getting up suddenly and going for a run or
a walk
or dancing
or making love
or with
not doing any of these things !

freedom is hard to bear
but
i'm willing
to give 'er a try

Last edited by River; 04-11-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 AM

Default I use to look at MMF MFM and the order

I use to look at the order it was written into.... the letter in the middle being the "alpha leader' or focal point.... I guess I was reading into letters to deeply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Welcome to the boards.

The way that sort of setup is described would be "a MMF triad." The "triad" indicates that each is romantically involved with both of the others. A "MMF Vee," in contrast, denotes that the first M and the F are each tied to the central M and not each other.

So you're wanting a triad. Have anybody in mind for the other two thirds?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polandrylady View Post
I use to look at the order it was written into.... the letter in the middle being the "alpha leader' or focal point.... I guess I was reading into letters to deeply.
For triads, I don't think the letter order matters as everybody's equal and all that.

For vees, the middle letter denotes the hinge, so order is important there. Once one gets past that into quads and quints and networks, I don't think using letters is even useful.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.