Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 11:31 AM

Default Hello

I'm a 35 year old man from Glasgow, and I've been in a relationship with a woman for about a year, which has been monogamous. Partly due to distance, partly because I've been ill with depression and thus not much use to her, and partly because we've both just come out of ten-year relationships, we've recently started talking about seeing other people. I had to tease the conversation out of her as I knew it would be something she probably wanted - but she clearly felt bad about it. However I'd far rather we were up-front about it than end up lying. We've now agreed to try it out but in truth I'm pretty terrified by the whole prospect. By chance, I'm about to move quite a lot nearer, but we'll still only be able to see one another maybe weekly.

We have good communications, which I hope will be a big plus. I want things to work but seeing others feels like something which could go very wrong very quickly, and we really don't know anyone else we can discuss it with. So that's how I've ended up here.

Last edited by WorldWithoutEnd; 07-14-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: edit to add location