Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Default transitapparent - I ramble alot

transit - The act of passing over, across, or through; passage.
apparent - Readily understood; clear or obvious

transitapparent - obviously, I'm going to go somewhere.

this is kind of the story of my life. I was born in Germany at a US Army hospital. from that time until I set out on my own at 18, the longest I ever lived in one house was 6 years. I went to 8 different schools growing up. since I've moved so many times, I find it easier to keep a small circle of friends, that way when its time to go, the impact is small.

joining the military was an easy choice. it's all I knew. travel the world. see exotic ( and sometimes not so exotic) places and meet new people.

I detailed how poly came into my life in another post. I'll put up a link to it so I don't have to type it all again but in a nut shell, my wife reconnected with a HS friend and thats how it happened. this is more about my moving forward.

I have had good days and bad days and then some really bad days since it all began. after reading through some of the posts on here and seeing that I'm not alone, I get a little more comfortable everyday.

I'm used to change, I don't always like it, but I'll survive.

obvioulsy, I'm going to go somewhere.

P.S. I have a bad habit of starting these things and not following through on them so this may be my first and last blog post lol.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:21 PM

here's the link to my original new to poly post. it describes my wife's journey into poly and my feelings....etc.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10613
Old 06-11-2011, 11:23 PM

at this moment, I can't really begin any journey other than talking to other people via online. I'm currently deployed. I can use this as an outlet for my feelings though until I get home to my loving family.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:05 PM

so far, today is a good day, but it's still early. I got to talk to the wife when I woke up which always makes me happy. we talked a little about her BF and how he was doing. I got to see the kids. technology is a beautiful thing sometimes. I remember my 1st deployment after we were together. we had email as a constant way to communicate and we got to talk on the phone a couple of times a week. deployment 2 had yahoo messenger. now we have facebook which of course gives up to the minute details if needed and skype where we actually see each other. on top of it, I have internet in my room which opens the door for skype sex....giggity....anyway, unless we have actual work to do, my nights are spent reading as much as I can on here. I'm learning alot about how to work through the emotional turmoil that I still have. I think I'm working through it pretty good though.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM

Hi there!

I just wanted to say hi, and welcome. My hubs is in the Navy, and so I do understand the separation/deployment lonliness.

M
Old 06-14-2011, 02:48 AM

it sucks but it's all part of the job. 40 something days til I go home.

Tags
jealousy, new to polyamory