Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM

Question How to tell

I'm in a mono-relation at the moment. I talked with a friend of mine, who is also polyamoric and bisexual (don't know the english word for it), and I came to the conclusion that I cannot stand a mono-relation for a long time. I want to tell him, but I just don't know how. I'm afraid he might end it right away, or that he puts me in front of the question myself. Does anybody have some advice about how to tell him most subtile?

Greets,
Drag
Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragona742 View Post
polyamoric (don't know the english word for it)

I'm afraid he might end it right away, or that he puts me in front of the question myself. Does anybody have some advice about how to tell him most subtile?
Polyamorous.

He could end it right away... who knows. What is important is that you make sure that the relationship you have with yourself comes first. If you deny yourself experience and deny who you are, your life will become less than the best it can be.

If I were you I would direct him here, show him a book on poly as a relationship style (not a sex style, but a loving style as in my experience, mono people are not always able to handle the thought of more than one sex partner right away), and start talking about what you have discovered about yourself and how you might like to explore these discoveries... then ask him what he thinks.

Tags
advice, how to tell him, polyamory