Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Default Anyone on the Central Coast, Ca?

I almost feel like my husband and I are the only poly friendly people around here We live in San Luis Obispo County, would be fun to meet other like minded people in the area or close by. We also travel frequently to Ventura and San Diego.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:11 PM

San Diego here... How old are you guys? I only ask so I can point you in the right direction of a couple groups... One is more for 20s-mid 30s and the other is a larger age range
Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 AM

I am 43 and my husband is 51. Thanks for your reply, we were camping up in Yosemite the last few days, was a great time but also missed my computer! Amazing how addicting these things are....
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Location: Cayucos, California (central coast near San Luis Obispo)

Hello!

My name is Scott, 62, single, handsome, kind, loving, living in Cayucos, working as an electronics designer for my own small startup in LA. Joined this site only moments ago (have not even introduced myself on this forum yet - might even use this post as my introduction). I've been in a few monogamous relationships, presently dating the same woman for a few months now. Though neither of us are actually poly per se, you might say we're poly-curious. I read the great book "Spiritual Polyamory", and it made total sense to me. I admit to being afraid, but am fascinated by the potential for personal growth, especially in regard to my ego.

Anyway, I thought it might be enlightening to converse with others online and in person about the benefits and challenges of polyamory in a safer environment than what conventional social circles might offer. From the books and posts I've read, I'm a bit aware of the differences and similarities between polyamory and swinging.

Thank you,
Scott

Last edited by Scottman; 05-10-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Anyone on the Central Coast, Ca?

Hi! Jerome and Pam here in Paso Robles. Always open to developing new, local friends with kindred sorts... We've only been around North County since last year...We would enjoy having acquaintances over or go wandering somewhere We have a camping trip coming up ahead, hopefully with someone... Drop us a message, if you like, and we can arrange a good time/place to meet and leastwise we can talk-story and explore things with room for all to feel we only meeting. In general, we lean towards MFM, are mature for all we feel childlike in some ways...and are both heterosexual. We're less about all the fuss of finding the right people/person than being the right people... and it's all a new, spicy adventure, as this is a new start again after a long time since our last "sharing of intimacy," an experience that sort of fizzled (tales to share)... Fortune!

Oh. and Hi Scot...
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 AM

And Scott, same goes for you. Drop us a line yourself if you're still considering . This area is pretty scarce of those who might-could benefit from whatever learning-curve a local network/community @ Poly/Poly subsets, relational aspects, values, feelings. issues, activities, get-togethers, etc... might offer... I mean, this is California... where else if not here? not far from arguably maybe not the first advent/wave of modern, psychosexual goings-ons... but hey! Anyway, pleased to meet you too...