Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Biblical Christian Poly Living

We made a post on one of the threads in this forum about our faith and how it affects our views on poly. We offered to share our understanding with others, without getting into arguments. We were steeled and prepared for all kinds of backlash ... which never coalesced.

Instead, we received several very fascinating responses and have started developing some wonderful friendships.

With this in mind, we thought we would make a deliberate posting and invite those who are interested in discussing the Biblical aspects of poly life with us.

We're not looking to convert or change anyone's views. We just want to be open with what we have learned, how it works for us and share it with anyone who is interested.

We would prefer to conduct the discussions in email, on the phone and in person--our experience with certain other religious viewpoints has been very negative and we've ended up attacked for nothing more than sharing our faith. Thus, we don't want to be overly public -- at least, for now. Until we're more comfortable with the community and how accepted we are within it.

So, the purpose of this post is to sort of "advertise" to those who are of similar faith, that we'd be happy to discuss our views and our faith, but from here it's up to you. You can come to us, seeking conversation and discourse, but we don't want to cram it down anyone's throat.

There it is, then. You can email us at: bexyandben@gmail.com
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 PM

Thanks. I am not of similar faith but thanks nonetheless.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:34 AM

We both come from Christian backgrounds, so this idea is not new to us.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 PM

I am sad to say that I am usually wary of Christian cominations of Poly becuase they usualy, in my opinion, make the man the recipant of lots of sexual attention and domestic power while the women are obligated to 'obey'.

Not to start and argument at all to the thread starter. I know not all Christians who are involved in poly are in that catagory.

I'd love to hear more about what you believe personally.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 AM

Default I am an out of the box christian.

First Erosa I can understand your waryiness. I think that you will start to find more and more christians that are normal and poly. I have actually met 2 couples that come from an evangelical christian background and are poly. One couple is both female. The other had been married for 1l years and then became poly. It is funny when you study the history of monogamy and find that it is a new inventiopn that really didnt take hold till around 1100. But before that there was a patriarichal aspect that erosa was warninbg against. Some of the books that really he;ped me to awaken were "The poisoning of Eros" by Raymond Lawrence. Divine Sex: Liberating Sex from religious tradition by Philo Thelos. Erosa I would recommend you check out this site to help you understand where I am coming from.
http://www.libchrist.com/index.html
Old 07-11-2010, 11:55 PM

Default I am an out of the box mormon LOL

I could deffinately get into a discussion like this I like deep thinking and deep conversations. A lot of the reason I don't attend church much. LOL My ideas and views could easily be considered "teaching false doctrine" LOL
Old 02-14-2012, 03:17 AM

Post Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist103 View Post
I would recommend you check out this site to help you understand where I am coming from.
http://www.libchrist.com/index.html
Thank you for posting that link! I am not a christian or religious. I believe in the Universe and LOA. I follow and compare what comes from the christian church and other religions with what I believe and what I hear or read. There is always a tiny little truth in everything somewhere. I have a christian friend and somehow I stumble over christian stuff from time to time since I know him. I suppose I like to be informed about ALL the options that a Christian Life could offer - if a person is open to it.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Hi all! Well,this will be a great thread to read! I'm new to the boards and am a Christian. Ok off to make dinner but I will be back later with some comments I am sure.