Hi I'm Josh and this is Christy and we are Poly

JoshAndChristy

Heya everyone we are new to the poly community but not so new to the poly lifestyle. We are a fun romantic couple just trying to find love!

I must admit I was surprised when I first heard the phrase polyamorous I was in shock that there was even a word to describe my wife and my lifestyle! got so excited for the opportunity to meet other people I hopped on and found this site!

I am 26yrs old and my beautiful wife is 23yrs old! We have been together for 12yrs and have been married for 3yrs. We have never had a breakup! We used to just meet girls in bars however now we are hoping to find a serious relationship with a girl that wants to be with the both of us. :D

We just got out of a serious relationship (the gf decided to be with a mono gentleman instead of us *yuckie*) but we licked our emotional wounds and are ready to get back on that horse! Any advice for a poly couple looking for a longterm relationship with a female? :p

you mean don't share a profile? Does sharing a profile send the wrong message or something? We just usually prefer to do these things together. But then again we have never met anyone else like us and are unsure how the poly community works.

I think it has just been confusing to other forum members when a couple posts using the same profile. You will always have to say, "This is Josh" or "This is Christy" and it's easy to lose track who we'd be communicating with. Plus each of you would have your own questions and issues, and friendships here to develop. We have lots of poly peeps here in relationships who all post separately.

okees I think I got it down now! THis is forever more the JOSH profile! Fear my mighty profile switching skills!

We used to just meet girls in bars however now we are hoping to find a serious relationship with a girl that wants to be with the both of us.

...Any advice for a poly couple looking for a longterm relationship with a female? :p

Do a tag search on unicorns. Think about what an established couple has to offer a single woman in terms of future security. Will she be a secondary with her own place and finances, and you'll just see her once a week or less? Or will she be a sister wife, a full partner, a primary? What about the rights she won't get not being able to marry either of you? What about future children with either woman?

Do a tag search on unicorns. Think about what an established couple has to offer a single woman in terms of future security. Will she be a secondary with her own place and finances, and you'll just see her once a week or less? Or will she be a sister wife, a full partner, a primary? What about the rights she won't get not being able to marry either of you? What about future children with either woman?

Omg now this is what I am talking about! It's like you are reading my thoughts! my wife and I definately want a full partner! We want to treat her as though christy and I are a single person looking for love! We are in it for the romance and that includes children if she wants them down the road. Not really into the idea of kids at the moment I feel I am to young for that. I would much rather take that money and spend it on seeing the world and such while we are young and able!

Hi Spaz, welcome to the forum :)

Your vision is sweet. I hope you enjoy your journey and find some support here. Good luck finding a special girl to share your lives with. If your hearts are open, she's out there! I think it's tough tho. Hopefully the more society eases up on the old conventional views of love, the easier it will get.

Welcome to you both! I agree, if you have patience you will find what you are searching for!!!! Good luck!

wow this is freaking awesome! You would not believe the hard time....er... actually maybe you do... trying to explain to people why we feel we need a 2nd female in our lives! its neat to here all these supportive comments where there was none before for us.

stupid conventional society... I was so born in the wrong era

We want to treat her as though christy and I are a single person looking for love! ...

Welllll, but you're not, though. You're two distinct individuals with personal needs and preferences that can never entirely match up. The Other Woman won't see you as one person, but as two people with unique personalities, bodies, pasts, extended families (heck, even identical twins each have unique personalities, hobbies, rates of growth, communication styles, physical and emotional energy and strength, different friends with whom they share different experiences, etc). Your dream woman/unicorn will have to forge independent relationships with 2 individuals. One with, like, a penis and broad shoulders, one with a vagina and curves, one loaded with testosterone, one with estrogen and progesterone.

Back