Just Me....

lgallycat

I wouldn't say I am new to this world, maybe new to finding a label to describe my way of life (and peoplewho understand it).

Let's see... I was born and raised in eastern Canada and moved to the DC area almost 8 years ago now to be with my husband who is also on this site. We have had several "love interests" over the years that have given us a chance to work on figuring out what we really want. I believe it was open and honest communication that got us to where we are today. We have mostly only had online flings that never amounted to more than a phone call, but I believe that it has given us the opportunity to explore ourselves as individuals and as a couple. I am currently working on a book-type-thing about our experiences (I say it like that because I expect it to never becomemore than a blog post, but I have really enjoyed putting it into words). It wasn't until we grew tired of running into dead ends in purely online encounters that we started looking for other means of finding open people who wanted some of the same things we did. In our search, we discovered the word 'polyamory' and realized the extent of the community behind it. We have really enjoyed finding the resources (not just the personals ads) but the information on how to make a poly couplework, how to meet people, and how to be open with others.
So now here we are so nice to meet you all =)

Welcome! Nice to see another DC, MD, VA here. I assume you know about the poly meetups for DC or Baltimore as you've been poly in the area for a while. I've found them critical to meeting other poly peeps in the area.

Yes and no I know of one I just joined but have not done anything with yet, I have been poly a while but not really knowing I was if that makes any sense. I have been looking for other partners while being married but didn’t really discover even the word Poly until about 4 months ago... We as a couple would love to meet other poly people in our area and we love to host get together but we are just starting to get into the community....

Thanks so much for the greeting =) and hopefully I will get to know some more people in my area soon =)

If you go on meetup.com and search for polyamory, the Our Polyamory Enrichment Network (OPEN) more in the DC area and BMore Poly for more around the Baltimore area will pop up. Good luck!

Hi Aduras,
Just wanted to welcome you to our forum.

Polyamory isn't what I'd call a widely-accepted ideal yet, so it's not uncommon for someone to discover the word after they've already identified with the lovestyle. The internet has surely helped poly people get together, but I suppose it will be awhile before it becomes a commonly-known community.

You're doing well to put communication high on your "list of relationship priorities." It's important in all relationships, but poly in particular.

Glad you could find us and join us, hope you enjoy your time on our site.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back