Recreational Nudity

Being nude is great! If it were up to me there would be no bans on nudity anywhere - people should be free to do what they like (as long as they respect another persons integrity/property obviously). Imagine a world where people would be running around naked, loving eachother, sharing, polyamourous. Wonder where the name eden came from :))

I think in modern day this would be a bad thing. Theres way to many STD's around now adays. Our luck wed end up creating gonasiphalisisareaIVDS. That..or super AIDs

And I don't see how running around naked will cause a mutated super-conglomerated mega-armageddon virus.

It is proper nudist etiquette to carry a towel or something to sit on.

Don't Look ----

I am naked even as I type this...but don't tell anyone....shhhhh

4thofjuly12.gif

Just Me,
Tim

Condoms arent 100%. Like they say, the only safe sex is no sex.

The super virus would be because they would all be in the same person eventaually and get spread around. Would be easier to just give it a super virus name

Condoms arent 100%. Like they say, the only safe sex is no sex.

The super virus would be because they would all be in the same person eventaually and get spread around. Would be easier to just give it a super virus name

Not from just being naked. I think you've been watching too much news. Yes; we're all gonna die. It's just a matter of WHEN. Now chill, pls.

kthxbye

Not from just being naked. I think you've been watching too much news. Yes; we're all gonna die. It's just a matter of WHEN. Now chill, pls.

kthxbye

:S I dont recall getting unchilled

Also, no need to get snotty

Ok chil'ens...

I think Berserker's original concern was in regards to Olivier's comment "running around naked, loving eachother, sharing, polyamourous" the stress being "loving eachother" which in a perfect world everyone would be using safe sex practices which would decrease the chances of infection to very very low...not to just being naked. Is this correct Berserker?

I used to work as the Recreation Director of a nudist resort long ago. I look back on those days fondly. I've never identified myself as a nudist per say, but I really enjoyed my time there. Nudists are great people. And they definitely know how to have a good time. The resort I worked at was a family friendly enviornment. That basically means they kept all the freakiness to themselves. When I applied for the job, I had no idea it was a nudist resort. I just though I was applying for a "camp counselor" position. When I figured out that it was a nudist resort, it didn't really phase me. It took me about a month to dive in and get naked in public, but once I did, I found it very liberating. I haven't been to one in years, but I would have no problem doing it again.

Oddly enough, the first thing you notice about someone at a nudist resort is their eyes.

Oddly enough, the first thing you notice about someone at a nudist resort is their eyes.

Another thing is that when you run into other guests from the campground or resort in town or at the grocery store, you don't recognize each other with clothes on right away (or at all).

I saw the owner of AG at the tiny convenience store in "town" one time and I was all, "You look SO familiar!" It was winter though.

Ok chil'ens...

I think Berserker's original concern was in regards to Olivier's comment "running around naked, loving eachother, sharing, polyamourous" the stress being "loving eachother" which in a perfect world everyone would be using safe sex practices which would decrease the chances of infection to very very low...not to just being naked. Is this correct Berserker?

correct down to the punctuation :)

Clothes bother me. Being naked just feels right. I spend every moment I can naked at home, and even indulge at a few friends places.

Never been to a c/o place though. To be brutally honest, I'd be self-concious!

Clothes bother me. Being naked just feels right. I spend every moment I can naked at home, and even indulge at a few friends places.

Never been to a c/o place though. To be brutally honest, I'd be self-concious!

That always gets me. Everyone else is naked; you should be self-conscious if you have clothes on!

(not all the time, just at a c/o resort or beach)

And most of the time, you'll be the thinnest or handsomest person there, no kidding! So if you are a guy, don't worry about unwanted wood! There are ways to deal with this and there are some good books on this topic "The Complete Guide to Nudism and Naturism" by Liz and James Egger is very good. I bought it for the owners of Abbott's Glen on the 3rd anniversary of AG last year. I paid the retail price for it off Amazon; now it's only available used for $277.00 (paperback!). They keep it in the bathroom area near the hot tub. It has chapters on overcoming shyness, introducing children to the c/o scene, how to get your wife or husband to try it with you if they're shy, and it discusses at length the aspects of nudity that overlap with sexuality, particularly the "swinging" scene, as well as ways to deal with "unwanted wood". I didn't really need that book for myself since I don't really have any of these issues, but it's good to have around to explain things to other people.

Last edited:
I know it's silly, I really do. It would just be a little background hum of discomfort, being so open around people. I think I'd get over it.

Here's an honest question; what happens if you are a fellow, and you happen to get a little.. overexcited? Does that even happen? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Edit: whoop, I must be out of it, above post answered my question basically :p

Of course I'm not a guy, so I don't have this issue...

But the best way to deal with unwanted wood is to go for a swim. Barring that, you could sit or lay down in such a way that your book or towel conceals the evidence. Or, think of the ugliest cashier from your high-school cafeteria :)

I went to a young adult retreat for Unitarian Universalists a while back (when I was a young adult) and there was a clothing optional beach. The whole retreat featured a whole lot of healing work and creating safe space and communing intentionally. I would have never in a million years imagined myself as a person that would stroll about naked, but by the end of the retreat it seemed like the most natural thing in the world.

Back