Hello! I am new to poly

Rainbowkez

I am new to poly and keen to learn more/explore. I am bisexual. I am married to a wonderful man. I am also a Christian. I would love to meet other Christian polys to discuss how poly fits into their faith. Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Hi Rainbowkez,
Welcome to our forum.

Check out our Spirituality & Polyamory board if you haven't already been there. I am guessing there are other Christian polys here, but look around a little as they may not stand out immediately.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi Rainbowkez,

I am bi, poly, and Christian... Though according to most I'd earn my way to hell by being bi before I'd go for being poly...lolol... It's a good thing I don't answer to anyone who thinks they have the right to judge where I go when I'm done on Earth...

Welcome to the forum..

Nancy

Thank you for the welcome!

Hi Rainbowkez,
Welcome to our forum.

Check out our Spirituality & Polyamory board if you haven't already been there. I am guessing there are other Christian polys here, but look around a little as they may not stand out immediately.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi Kevin, thank you for the welcome. I have been looking through that message board already. It looks really interesting.
I am sure I will find other Christian polys.

Thank you for the welcome Nancy

Hi Nancy, glad to meet another Christian poly bi person. Looking forward to learning more. Polyamory is all very much new to me so I am still learning.
I should have clarified that my husband and I are not currently in a poly triad relationship. We are wanting learn more about it. I clearly identify as poly bi. My husband is not sure. He has been raised in a very conservative Christian home and believes it's wrong. I don't know how to convince him otherwise. I need Bible verses to support our relationship style so that he will be more open to it. It's kinda frustrating for me. It's definitely a journey for us. He is open to learning more about polyamory. It has always been my dream to be in a relationship with a man and a woman. I didn't even know such a thing as Polyamory existed a few months ago. So it is all very new to me.

Be gentle with me please as I am still learning and exploring.

Thank you for the welcome Kevin

Hi Rainbowkez,
Welcome to our forum.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the welcome. I have been looking through the 'Spirituality and Polyamory board' Thank you. I am hoping to meet other Christians on here who are in poly relationships.

Kez

Hello.

I am a Christian, who is poly. Catholics think everything will send you to hell, so I have faced many internal battles on my journey. At one point, I cut all religion and God out of my life. I am finding my way back, but I am doing things differently. I do not know of any scriptures that outright support it. I am sure there are some. If you do a search on Google, you might find some. I have often felt the bible was up for interpretation.

As far as convincing your husband, I would probably leave that alone. Invite him to explore the concept, learn about it, ask questions, discuss feelings regarding it, but at the end of the day, it is something that he will have to decide.

Thank you.

Hello.

I am a Christian, who is poly. Catholics think everything will send you to hell, so I have faced many internal battles on my journey. At one point, I cut all religion and God out of my life. I am finding my way back, but I am doing things differently. I do not know of any scriptures that outright support it. I am sure there are some. If you do a search on Google, you might find some. I have often felt the bible was up for interpretation.

As far as convincing your husband, I would probably leave that alone. Invite him to explore the concept, learn about it, ask questions, discuss feelings regarding it, but at the end of the day, it is something that he will have to decide.

Thank you Fulloflove. I appreciate your advice. I plan to research more and look for Bible verses and look into the original meaning of them.

Thankfully my husband is open to learning more about polyamory with me. I'll just see how things go over time. I do not want to push him into anything he doesn't feel comfortable with.

The Old Testament certainly has enough examples of men who have more than one wife. However, FullofLove1052 is right; it is probably fruitless to try to "prove" to your husband that poly is okay. Let him do his own research and contemplation. Perhaps it would even help him to look around on this site? I couldn't say.

Thank you

The Old Testament certainly has enough examples of men who have more than one wife. However, FullofLove1052 is right; it is probably fruitless to try to "prove" to your husband that poly is okay. Let him do his own research and contemplation. Perhaps it would even help him to look around on this site? I couldn't say.

You are right! The Bible has many examples of men who have more than one wife. I agree with you. I do not want to 'prove' to my husband that poly is ok. He needs to do his own research and thinking about it. I am not going to stress about it. If it is meant to happen, it will. In the meantime both of us will research and learn more. Thank you :)

Welcome

My husband and I are also both Christians-we actually met in youth group and "saved" ourselves for each other until we were married. My how our ideologies have changed! But at the core, we both still identify as Christian, especially my husband. I am constantly reminded that God is LOVE-and that's what my life is about-loving others. Maybe a verse that can be of help to your husband is in I Corinthians 13:8 when it says that only love will remain.

Back