Howdy Howdy

Matthewish

Hello, My name is Matthew, I'm posting on here with my fiancee Linh, we are both students at the time being. We have had difficulties in the past, mostly with me wanting more, and Linh being curious, and we were involved in a three way relationship for a short time with another woman. It went very well until she got jealous and wanted me to choose between the two of them... I don't like being put into corners, and Linh has had my back through thick and thin, even through finding that this is who I am, and it is not going to change. I'm not sure if it is more or less difficult for us to find a girlfriend to share, and be with, being in Louisiana, or New Orleans specifically. Finding a threesome is pretty easy, but one night stands are pretty shallow, and STDs run pretty rampant in this city. It just seems difficult to find someone who won't run away after seeming very interested. I know I'm diving in too deep for an introduction, so I'll just say I'm Matt, and I'm posting for myself and Linh, though I've encouraged her to open her own account to explore her own curiosities that she may not feel comfortable, or I may not have the wording or gear to answer.

Nice to meet you! I'm new to this community as well, though have been poly with my fiance for almost five years, and been in and out of poly relationships for a good while before that. It often is difficult to find a partner that will get along with and want to be with both parts of a couple, and even then new relationships usually don't grow at the same rate so jealousy can be hard to contain. It honestly takes a lot of work sometimes, but if you are willing to work through feelings of jealousy then it can be extremely wonderful and rewarding. Another good bit of advice is to not limit yourself to a female partner that would want to be with both of you. If you just set out looking for love and are open and honest with eachother about everything, that often has better results. Plus you may stumble on that third person in the long run, but possibly have other fulfilling relationships first. That said, I'm rambling, so lovely to meet you and good luck!

Hello Matt and Linh,
Welcome to our forum. Hope you will both get your individual accounts and post some! :)

I've never been to New Orleans so I'll have to take your word on your description, but I do know Daray has a point about the patience involved in finding the right partner for you. Sometimes it just takes awhile, wherever you live. Don't give up hope.

There's a lot of material to read here on Poly.com, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There's a search feature too, ;)

I hope we can be of some help!
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back