Having your cake and eating it, too

Moving in together is no assumption of longevity?

Remember they are only FWBs so they probably only have a roommate type arrangement.

Moving in together is no assumption of longevity?

Not that I'm aware of. Moving in together suggests that we think we will get along in a roommate situation (sharing space, splitting bills), otherwise it didn't do anything to alter the expectations about our relationship or how long it will last.

IV and I have talked explicitly about how we view our relationship and the assumptions (or lack thereof) about how long it is likely to last. Our relationship will last as long as it remains healthy and fun for both of us. Once it becomes work or unpleasant for one or both of us in a non-temporary way then it will change at that point - possibly be dissolved entirely if the issue is fundamental.

Not that I'm aware of. Moving in together suggests that we think we will get along in a roommate situation (sharing space, splitting bills), otherwise it didn't do anything to alter the expectations about our relationship or how long it will last.

IV and I have talked explicitly about how we view our relationship and the assumptions (or lack thereof) about how long it is likely to last. Our relationship will last as long as it remains healthy and fun for both of us. Once it becomes work or unpleasant for one or both of us in a non-temporary way then it will change at that point - possibly be dissolved entirely if the issue is fundamental.

But you expected it to last at least long enough to make it worth the time and expense of a moving truck. :D

Do you foresee a time when you might simply be roommates?

But you expected it to last at least long enough to make it worth the time and expense of a moving truck. :D

Like any relationship (romantic or otherwise) if things are going well it would seem reasonable to assume that it will last for a little while at least. It would be reductionist of me to treat life as if nothing could be counted on simply because I avoid functioning by obligation.

Do you foresee a time when you might simply be roommates?

Roommate vs girlfriend is pretty much decided by the presence of romantic interest, as far as I'm concerned. So if the romance is completely gone from our relationship then we'd just be roommates or friends (in the case that we don't live together anymore).

People aren't cake... I neither want to have nor to eat them. Just spend some quality time with them out of everyone's free choice.

Give me a slice of poppyseed cake or Black Forest Cherry any old time though. Explicitly for eating, not just for having. Mmmmh. :)

#AsexualStereotype ... but it fits me like a glove, in this case. :D

I'm gonna refrain from jokes about "eating people" ... ;)

Wo-ho! Black forest cherry! I never realized it was gonna be *this* good ...

Darn it; and here I said I was gonna refrain from such jokes.

I'm gonna refrain from jokes about "eating people" ... ;)
Actually a totally intended pun, for once. ;)

However... did I miss a more subtle one with the Black Forest? :eek:

Just following your lead ... (think "dining at the Y" ... with unexpected desserts!)

... uhm.
... Iiiiiii think I'll just take the cake, thanks. :D

Wow ... you're a "straight to the dessert" type of guy. :)

I kinda feel like I'm still missing part of the joke... LOL!

Ah well, enough derailment... *sneaks off*

Heh, no worries, there's no official joke here, just having fun with your "fetish" for black forest cherry (combined with "going down on someone" and "eating someone out"). Whew, I better sneak off from the derailment too, it's getting hot in here. :eek:

Back