Always poly, recently public

xkandakex

I'm just another person who's hard-wired different than most -- innately bi and poly since puberty. Of course the bi part usually went over pretty well, but not so much the poly part.

"Came out" about being poly to my SO of two years just a few weeks ago, and while it has been rough, I'm amazingly lucky that he loves me enough to learn and understand about poly and has not rejected me. It's also a huge weight lifted from my shoulders and conscience, since I've forced myself to be in monogamous relationships my entire life and have been miserable the entire time.

I'm thankful for this community's vibrance and vitality, looking forward to perusing the stories of others.

Hi xkandakex,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds like you've had a difficult time in the past, with not being able to be open about who you are and how you feel. It is great that your SO has been willing to learn about this very different way of thinking.

I hope you enjoy all your time on this site, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

With much regards,
Kevin T.

I can definitely identify with your story, mine is very similar. Nice to meet you!! :)

Back