Brand new to this forum. MM couple

CaliGuy

Hello everyone, I just kind of stumbled upon this website and have been spending the last couple hours reading.

I am interested in some kind of a poly style life. My boyfriend and I have played together with a few different people together in the past. Sometimes it was great and other times there was serious DRAMA. We don't like to go out and "hook up" with guys. We more enjoy a real connection with a friend. I am interested in the life style...
I really don't know what I truly want, but I want my boyfriend to be happy. I think what I want is to have a triad type thing where we can all become equals and share everything.
Thanks for any advice and thanks for all the reading that is available on this site.

Hi CaliGuy,
Welcome to our forum.

You might consider doing a tag search for "communication," as it's often the key component of a successful poly relationship. Sometimes good/plentiful communication can prevent drama. There's also a good book you can read: "Opening Up."

As you look at various threads on this site, specific thoughts, questions, and concerns may come to your mind. Just post and let us know about those things and you can learn more through interaction.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Welcome guys.
Hope you get something out of it.
Reading and learning is a good start. I agree with the other poster about "Opening Up".
I also liked "The Polyamory Handbook" by Peter Benson.

There are few resources specifically for gay poly's, but if you're on facebook, a discussion group called Gay Polyamory is there that could be useful.

Welcome to the forums here and hope you like it!

Back