Bashing Unicorn Hunters

I'm a gorilla in the Chicago zoo who has been taught to type.

I'm a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. I am also one of the Knights who say "nee!"

without giving specific examples

It's his attitude, use of subtlety to slight people, what appears to be his belief that correct grammar rather than facts or the truth of what ever matter he claims to bring up to discuss however after antagonizing others in very indirect or round about ways he will dismiss the matter entirely. I am sure the tactics work for prep school or even ivy league debate team, but ignorance of facts, especially when it comes to science and provable matters he is actually nothing but the worst type of erudite, which is the ignorant kind.

The short version is due to his continued indirect slights then complete denial of such intentions, in my eyes he is a liar.

People like him who use seemingly logical thought processes in order to be "right" (meaning win a debate) but have no problem with using fabricated references to make claims that are far from facts and nowhere near truth can cause big problems for activists working on advancing issues of equal rights for all non-traditional people who as of yet have no rights whatsoever, even though they are guaranteed in the States by the Constitution.

Because of his is seemingly popular, which is very inflated due his actual popularity being only the number of those who agree with his view as opposed to the number of profile accounts, he has the potential to seriously harm all the work that has been done for equal rights which could cripple the movement for everyone including polies right as it begins to gain momentum. He uses misrepresented facts, pseudo-science (while at the same time touting to know the difference between his beliefs and real science) and out right lies backed up by fabricated sources. Because there is no reason to do so, because we can achieve equal rights not only for LGBT people and their families, but poly as well and the it can be done be sticking to the truth (in fact, truth is the quickest path to doing so because luckily these issues were explicitly written about by the Constitution of the United States)

Because the bullshit he often writes about has no reason behind it, other than to spite those who don't agree with it, it pisses me off that he would do so on topics that are or can be key issues in obtaining equal rights.

I have a go at him here, because it was a catch phrase here on this site that I wrote, and the entire post was deleted "on accident" or got caught up with the spam, then two days later showed up in an equally ignorant Republican Erudite's writing which had been supposedly written years ago, but had been edited to include what I had written, yet turned against the very politics I had written it for.

It is not so much Franklin F Veaux who I would like "a go" at, as much as it is those who are in the electronic publishing industry who have issues with me because of something they are butt hurt about that happened almost ten years ago. It isn't exactly rocket science that it takes to make stupid people look foolish publicly, even if they did control the every database connected to the web, there are only so many bullshit lies you can tell and have the databases verify false claims before the lies start coming back to bite you. Eventually the lies snowball and unless you are going to have an internet filled with nothing but bullshit and no real facts, you have to at some point begin to come clean or at the very least stop publishing newly minted lies. If they do not, they are either going to look really stupid or have databases that become useless because they are sources for only fabricated, false information. Which I guess would be great for a honeypot, but in general not a good idea

Last edited:
As usual, I'm finding it difficult to make out your point, particularly toward the end of your post.

I know you said you didn't want to give specific examples, but without them much of your most recent post sounds—and I hope you believe me when I say I mean no disrespect or harm here—like it was written by someone with clinical paranoia. Are you under the care of a mental health professional? If not, do you have easy access to one?

Edit: Oregon Free mental health services

Last edited:
Does Franklin even post here? I have seen people post links to his blog but never seen him post himself....I don't see the point at having a go at him when he won't even see it!

He posted here once or twice when someone directed him to a specific thread they wanted him to respond to, but he's not really into this site much, apparently. He has participated in discussions on RP's private FB group. He never pontificated over there, just conversed like any of us do.

While not necessarily a fan of his, I don't see the reason for Dirtclustit's vitriol toward the guy.

Dirtclustit, you okay? I agree with Emm that you're not sounding very rational with this post, or lately. Your posts are usually always a bit off, but then for a while they started to make sense. However, recently the rambling and being way off-base has been more pronounced. Are you on any meds that need adjusting?

I'm reading this as, FV's site seems to be one of many that (to you) speaks well, but has no truthful substance? And that it angers you that the "speaking well" portion of it sways people into overlooking the lack of truth? :confused:

In my case, when I found FV's site, I was pretty thankful for it. My partner and his OSO are both Poly and I'm not. He had some good pieces, written in better words than I could use, that I could point them both to in order to say that I'm not trying to be obtuse, but this is a real divide here. Look. See? It happens to other people. Someone else has written about it.

I know some folks don't like his writings being held up as the be-all-and-end-all for Poly references, and I respect that, but I do appreciate his Mono-Poly pieces. They did help bridge a serious gap between me, my partner, and my metamour, and with all the Poly literature around that was basically telling me to be patient and understanding with him, here was something that told him to do the same with me.

As for the Internet trending towards the unsubstantiated or just plain wrong, well... yeah. It's anarchy out there (well, out HERE, I suppose), and anyone with a keyboard has a voice. As beautiful as that is, it's also really whacked sometimes (Time Cube Guy, anyone?), and it behooves us all to be a bit more skeptical and thick-skinned.

He posted here once or twice when someone directed him to a specific thread they wanted him to respond to, but he's not really into this site much, apparently. He has participated in discussions on RP's private FB group. He never pontificated over there, just conversed like any of us do.

right, ok that must have been before I joined then.

While not necessarily a fan of his, I don't see the reason for Dirtclustit's vitriol toward the guy.

I still question why he is talking about it on this thread, certainly Franklin is not the only person to be very vocal about UH couples, I have ranted against them even when I was IN a happy triad. I just don't understand why the OP decided to drop his point in favour of a different kind of bashing?

Well you know what they say.... "Sometimes just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you aren't just a cigar."

Wasn't it Franklin Veaux who made that up? Or did it come out of a database of false facts on the internet? I can't make up my mind. Help me out please.

yeah, I was more than a little out of line

and I've already gone around in this circle more than once or twice. Not good practice on my part

and I've already gone around in this circle more than once or twice. Not good practice on my part

How about fixing your issues instead of just admitting them...we have seen a few 'mea culpa's' from you but then you continue on the same path.

Fix it! Actions speak louder than words dude.

Oh I am working on it!

I should be clear that the only thing that was out of line is mentioning it here, bringing up the subject without being able to speak of what the assholes done. But my point of view is not out of line. It was however inappropriate here.

It is always good when words have helped those struggling with Love and monogamy or polyamory, any help to anybody is always a good thing. No matter what my view is on his intentions, this was not the time or place, is all I was saying

I should be clear that the only thing that was out of line is mentioning it here, bringing up the subject without being able to speak of what the assholes done.

Woah, harsh much? What did FV do? Wee in your coffee?

Perhaps I am missing something because I am not privy to what is happening on FB and maybe FV is threatening your life, livelihood or summat but.....I really cannot see the reason for such anger, I reserve that word for Tories and hated exes, not people I have a philosophical difference with online.

Crazy....

ninoffi particular

This is a great article. Thanks for sharing!

The Tories

Really fit that word too.

if you can take anything good from his posts

Great,

There is definitely some valuable advice he reworded and posted, to me he is nothing but a manipulative, cyber-hacker, invader of privacy who justifies abusing his IT experience to be abusive.

He is passive aggressive, and people who will not straightly say what is pissing them off, but will continue to dig unprovoked deserve no respect in my book. I am well aware people don't like my opinion, I know how I sound to others, and I am OK with that.

Last edited:
Now Franklin Veaux is a passive-agressive hacker who invades people's privacy? Where do you get these ideas? I thought he was just a poly guy who has a website where he writes about polyamory and pontificates a little with his opinions, with some very good advice thrown in there, but not by any means perfect. He has his fans, and also plenty of people who disagree with his views, but I've never heard that he is a cyber-hacker!!! Whose privacy, exactly, is he allegedly invading? Doesn't make much sense. You sound like a tin-foil-hat-wearing conspiracy theorist.

....I was curious where all you hostilities toward the author stemmed from so I went back an read some of his pages.
The Poly Mistakes headline really stood out to me. They way he writes is out front. Candy coating is not the way to get the word out....

From your typos I can you are very observant, and if it were only subtle insults that come down pike from him I would have no problem with what he writes. It the subtleties that people whose privacy was not completely invaded don't pick up on. If he was just prick, I would let go.

But yes, since I cannot expound on what I am speaking of, it was wrong of me to bring it up in a post about people on this site being overly harsh to couples looking for a third, from my point of view.

Back