Burning Man: are you going?

Petunia

Staff member
I'm excited beyond belief! We're going to Burning Man! Twitch, Shasti, and me.

I'm wondering if anyone else on here is going. I think it might be fun to meet up if you are! :)

I really wish there were more regional events. I missed FireFly (a smaller New England thing that's been going on for years), been planning on getting to that for a while. Have fun.

sadly not this year, I have a few acquaintances that will be attending however that have promised me I'm going to miss a specular time.

I really wish there were more regional events. I missed FireFly (a smaller New England thing that's been going on for years), been planning on getting to that for a while. Have fun.

Have you heard of NECrR? burn coming in October...not sure if they are open to selling more tickets

I hope to go with Nudge eventually. but my kids are little, so i wont saddle the spouse with them for such a long event for a few more years ;)

It's getting closer!

We're not far off from our departure date now; leaving on the 27th. We've been busy getting everything ready for the trip. It's challenging to pack for three people for 5 days of camping in extreme conditions and to make it fit in one SUV.

I think I'm cutting my hair so that it's easier to manage on the playa. Kind of hesitant to do it, but I know my hair is too fine to withstand the constant wind and dust on top of lack of hair product (can't exactly use the normal products without electricity to style it.)

Petunia--

Have a great trip, and don't forget to take good care of your feet!

BM was a fundimentally transformative event for me-- It really helped me open up to people. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Out of curiousity, are you going with a Camp? They are a great way to participate in the community.

TRBG ---

Definately consider coming to NECTar, a regional event in CT (in its first year, so not officially recognized by BM yet). It is a small event that will be making public ticket sales soon.

Kitten---

I think we'd have a wonderful time. Just a couple more years... :)

Nudge,

We may potentially be part of a camp. The one we're hoping to get into is a free camp and because of our late arrival date (Wednesday) they aren't 100% positive they'll have room for us. Hopefully, yes, but if not, then we'll be camping solo.

The social aspect of being part of a camp would be nice and I think we'd all enjoy that. I've heard that people are very friendly, so I'm not too stressed if we find ourselves without a camp.

The good news is that the playa may be good and dry by the time you arrive!

Certainly folks are very friendly. You may just finds some friends at a camp who will invite you to stay with them.

I've gone twice, but hearing about your trip is making me envious. (imagine an green with envy emoticon in this space)

Back