Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

11:34 a.m., Monday the 17th

I am waiting for Snowbunny to decide when to drink the Bailey's, drinking for me is supposed to be a group activity (except on my birthday and Christmas). We did try another kind of cream liqueur, I forgot what it was called, something from Africa. And last night, with dinner, SB mixed us some Squirt (I think) and vodka. Brother-Husband did not have any "drink-drink."

My anxiety was actually a little less yesterday, today it has gone up again. There is a lot going on today, such as the cleaning ladies coming over (they got here at about 10:00 a.m., and they just got done and left), SB is off for Presidents' Day, Eddie has a class later today, just to name a few things. Most people could handle the extra activity, but for me it always means extra stress.

Sadly, we did not eat out yesterday, however SB did order takeout for us at the Red Lantern. Really good food, lots of choices on their menu and they're all excellent. We ate at about 7:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. and BH was very tired, so we didn't watch anything. Today SB and I will eat out while we are on the road. Eddie did not get his Q's yesterday, but maybe next time.

5:31 p.m., Wednesday the 19th

So on Monday, SB and I took Eddie to go to his first CGC class at Argus. Things were going pretty well until it was time for the class to start. Then the instructor informed SB that because some other class had had a snow day a few weeks ago, everything had been pushed forward a week and there was no CGC class that day. SB questioned why no one had notified her of this change. The instructor said, "No one was signed up for this class at the time." Which was totally untrue and SB had proof. So SB left, then before starting up the car, she sent the instructor the email that confirmed she was signed up for the class, and that the first class would be today (the 17th). At first the instructor didn't respond at all. Needless to say, SB was pissed.

So I think on Tuesday (yesterday), the instructor called SB, apologized profusely, and said Eddie would get his CGC test (at the end of the class series) at no charge. Now that was more like it!

2:36 p.m., Thursday the 20th

Maybe ... [shrug]

Having looked it up on Wikipedia, I'm thinking maybe not? In the picture it looks darker than what we had. What we had more closely resembled Baileys. Including taste-wise. The article says, "the taste of slightly fruity caramel." What we had was more just a cream flavor ...

Okay that was driving me nuts. So I fished out the bottle from our glass discard bin.

It's Serengeti Marula African Classic Cream. (I couldn't find it on Wikipedia.)

Ohhh yeah. It says "Marula Fruit" on the back of the bottle. Marula; Amarula. It also says, "grape wine with natural flavors, colored with caramel." Which is strange because it doesn't taste at all like wine. [shrug] 17% alcohol. Imported by IM Premium Imports LLC, Rockwall, Texas. Product of South Africa.

Who knew? :eek:

That looks really yummy, Kevin! My DS, Ruby, and his bf love novelty wines. Is it worth buying for their next visit?

2:05 p.m., Friday the 21st

I would say it is definitely worth buying for their next visit ... it is every bit as good as Baileys although subtly different. Just keep in mind, they call it wine but it does not taste (nor look) like wine. It is super sweet, definitely a dessert drink. Just so you know what to expect, but in my opinion it is very much worth buying. It knocked Snowbunny's socks off too.

That sounds really interesting!

We just happened to see it at Safeway, and thought we'd try it. Hopefully we'll be getting it again sometime! :D

8:58 a.m., Saturday the 22nd

I'm pretty tired this morning, might just lie down for awhile in a minute or two here. Sometime this weekend SB says we'll go shopping. :) Eddie has an appointment this afternoon for (I think) a rabies shot.

Yesterday we got our mail-in ballots for the presidential primary. I voted for Elizabeth Warren. Whom will you vote for?

12:05 p.m., Sunday the 23rd

SB and I went shopping yesterday. We really tried to save money, but the total was still (just barely) more than $300. SB mentioned the idea of shopping at the Dollar Tree or WinCo, and I said I'd be okay with that as long as we could go shopping *somewhere.* This pleased Snowbunny. I'll still want to shop at Walmart on some weeks, but not every week. Hopefully that will help.

Eddie actually got three shots. Perhaps for that reason, he was kind of tired last night.

Last night the three of us watched "Parasite," so I guess we got to find out what all the hoo-ha was about. I guess President Trump didn't like it for some reason? perhaps because it has subtitles? I don't follow the news much at all so I am presenting highly sketchy information here. If anyone reading this can correct me, please do. Anyway I thought it was a pretty good movie. I guess it won the academy award for Best Picture?

I don't think the three of us are going to do anything special today, nothing to get out of the house. I think BH is watching sports shows on TV.

4:09 p.m., Wednesday the 26th

Sometimes, on Wednesdays, Eddie will still have Barn Hunt practice, but we won't be doing it every week. Today, for example, SB and I will take Eddie for a walk, but we won't be doing Barn Hunt. Maybe every other week. I expect SB to get home any minute now, and then we will go on that walk. This concludes my riport.

2:52 p.m., Thursday the 27th

The weather yesterday was mild, for Eddie's walk, today it's even better, so we'll take him on a walk again. It's actually 61° out right now, and sunny. Most of the coming week will be in the low 50's and upper 40's. Yesterday I wore a sweatshirt, and was a little overly warm in it. So I am thinking about going without a sweatshirt today.

4:38 p.m., Friday the 28th

As it turned out, we did not take Eddie out for a walk yesterday. SB said there was a chilly wind outside, and plus she wasn't feeling well. She said she didn't feel sick per se (as in "sick with a cold"), but was feeling out of sorts.

Hopefully she's feeling better today, but I don't know if we'll go for a walk. It's 51° out right now, and rainy. Plus SB is late getting home, she usually gets home by 4:00 p.m. (or earlier). So, probably not.

I'm one hungry hombre, but I'm trying not to eat. Hopefully we'll have dinner soon. Not sure what we'll have. Veggie burgers maybe (and salad). This concludes my riport.

1:11 p.m., Saturday the 29th

SB got home a little before 5:30 p.m. yesterday, and served us dinner a little before 7:30 p.m. (veggie burgers plus leftover veggies from a roast, and grape tomatoes). We did not take Eddie on a walk. And no episodes.

We were going to go shopping at a discount store today -- WinCo, Grocery Outlet, or Dollar Tree. But then SB's prescription arrived at the Safeway drugstore, so we'll shop at Safeway. "But not every row," SB says. BH and FNG are going to see a movie this afternoon at the local theaters ... so SB and I will go shopping while they're at the movies.

This concludes my riport.

1:10 p.m., Sunday the 1st

So, we did much better on shopping yesterday. Less than $200.00 (more like $171.50 I think). Snowbunny said it helped that we used a smaller cart. She said that she tends to put too much stuff in the cart, almost like a self-control thing but maybe like, "Oh there's still room in the cart, that means we can afford just one more thing ..."

After we got done with that, we went back out to a couple of hardware stores, SB bought an electric screwdriver unit that she needed. After that, SB and I ate out for dinner at Red Lantern, while Brother-Husband watched a hockey game between the Toronto Maple Leafs (his favorite team) and the Vancouver Canucks (his brother's favorite team). SB and I brought home takeout for BH. Later, BH and I watched a movie, Fighting with My Family.

Today, maybe two or three hours ago, BH and SB took Eddie out to practice his manners being around people. Like they were maybe going to take him to Lowe's, where they needed to check out some stuff anyway. They should get back sometime not too late this afternoon, but I don't know exactly when. I don't want to say I was, "not invited," but this was supposed to be a one-on-one outing for them, and I am okay with that. I just like to get out of the house sometimes and do something "official," you know?

3:14 p.m., Monday the 2nd

So they went to Lowe's (yesterday), and bought a new washing machine. This was a move that was coming down the pike for some time, SB has said quite a few times that the washing machine we have is on its way out. Then I guess they found out it was even leaking water, there was mildew on the floor under it.

When they got back (not long after my above post), they started on some work out in the yard. SB pulled weeds, BH mowed the grass. Possibly other jobs too. After that, SB ordered pizza for dinner (from Casa Mia). BH went and picked it up. By then it was 6:00 or 6:30, so we did not watch anything.

Today Eddie has a CGC class, SB should get home a little before 4:00, and hopefully we'll be on the road by a little after 4:00. We always get coffee drinks on the way there. And we eat out for dinner. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm mighty hungry (but have managed to fast so far).

4:33 p.m., Tuesday the 3rd

As it turned out SB had a rough day at work, and traffic was bad, so it was after 4:30 p.m. by the time we got out on the road. We didn't have time to eat before the CGC class, but we did stop for coffee and that satisfied me. On the way back, we stopped at Subway, and brought the food home with us. BH had already ate at home, but he was also waiting up for our arrival, so we didn't want to keep him waiting. That's why we didn't eat at the Subway.

4:18 p.m., Wednesday the 4th

SB made salmon, squash, and mac/cheese for dinner. Good stuff. I think she said there's still salmon left and that we'll have it today. That would be awesome. She's usually home by now, so I hope she's not having another bad day at work. BH got home late yesterday, so we didn't watch anything.

2:52 p.m., Friday the 6th

Today is the first day of BH's new work schedule: he is off on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Probably working longer days the rest of the week but I don't know. Today, the guys from Lowe's delivered our new washer. They left not long ago. BH is going out to get a haircut. I have a hair appointment tomorrow; SB had one yesterday. I think we're having our pictures taken on Sunday.

2:45 p.m., Saturday the 7th

Yesterday SB and I went shopping at Walmart. Everything was really picked over, and they were completely out of bananas. So, after my hair appointment today, SB and I went shopping at the local cooperative, mainly just for bananas, but we also picked up a few other things.

Tomorrow, we leave at 11:00 a.m. to go get our pictures taken. With the switch in Daylight Saving Time, that will feel like 10:00. Don't know if that's the reason, but I am extra stressed-out today. This concludes my riport.

Back