Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

4:00 p.m., Friday the 8th

For dinner yesterday SB prepared salmon, with microwaved potatoes and brussel sprouts. Tonight, she I think has to stay late at work for some reason, she said BH and I would be "on our own" for dinner tonight and BH immediately thought "pizza," to which she said no, leftover salmon. Although she might have retracted that, like we could have the salmon tomorrow. I'm not sure, I didn't follow the conversation between her and BH too closely.

After dinner yesterday, BH and I watched GoT:S4E2.

7:14 p.m., Saturday the 9th

Yes, we ended up having the leftover salmon yesterday, plus BH sliced up some tomato for us. It was getting to be a little bit later, and we did not watch anything. SB got home somewhere around 9:00 p.m.

Tonight we will have takeout from Pho Yelm. I will have my usual, shrimp stir fry with egg noodle. Eddie had his first official obedience class today. That seemed to go well enough.

10:59 a.m., Sunday the 10th

There are no special plans of us doing anything or going anywhere today, largely because Snowbunny has to work from home today. You see, her work, the credit union, did a huge "upgrade" on its computers a few days ago, and ever since then there's been all kinds of problems. So, SB has to try to fix a bunch of the problems today. :(

Not much else to report (right now).

2:41 p.m., Monday the 11th

While most of yesterday was meh, we did end up (the three of us) eating out for dinner, sushi yet. :) I'm kind of depressed, though, that I didn't get to go shopping this past weekend. Also I'm depressed from having heard that dinner tonight will just be TV dinners. Meh! Sniff. :(

I'm extremely hungry at this time. Hungry ... and thirsty, if you take my meaning. I am fantasizing about two bottles of Irish cream, and one package of chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. I haven't had an oatmeal raisin cookie in a long time. So depressing.

We did not watch anything yesterday.

3:37 p.m., Tuesday the 12th

Well, things turned out lots better than I had been anticipating. Snowbunny got home early, I think she had a doctor appointment and then worked from home for a few hours. Then, she made a really nice dinner for us, some really good breaded fish, tasty mashed potatoes, and steamed veggies. And then after dinner, the three of us went shopping. I got a package of those oatmeal raisin cookies I had been dreaming about. So I know what I'll have for dessert tonight. :)

We got home from shopping at about 8:00 p.m., which was rather late, so we didn't watch anything.

5:00 p.m., Wednesday the 13th

Oh and I forgot to mention, we also had a bottle of the Reed's Sweet Wine with dinner. The Blackberry kind. So tasty.

That was the day before yesterday. As for yesterday, dinner was leftover fish plus some veggies and cheese sticks. And for dessert ... you guessed it ... oatmeal raisin cookies. As for tonight, I am planning to break open a package of molasses cookies.

BH and SB both got home at about 4:30 p.m. today. Last I heard, dinner tonight was going to be some kind of "German" thing. I'm hungry; I'm sure I'll like it, whatever it is.

Okay, I've just heard BH and SB talking and it sounds like we might have pizza and salad. Whatever it is, I'll happily take it.

Eddie's been behaving pretty well today. No messes. Please let that trend continue ...

Last night, BH and I watched GoT:S4E3.

Thanks

Thanks Kevin for this very nice detailed story.
It's a way of telling "Still Standing" in this world of "Being and Staying Yourself".

Thanks again.

12:51 p.m., Thursday the 14th

No problem, I'm glad you liked it.

3:59 p.m., Friday the 15th

Eddie made two pee messes today, I am very bummed about that. I wanted to help myself to (all of) the cinnamon whiskey on the counter, but somehow talked myself out of it.

Snowbunny had a dental appointment at noon today, she has an implant that is giving her trouble. Today they did a deep cleaning of it to see if that would fix the problem. If it doesn't, I guess exploratory surgery is next. :eek: Anyway, she got home early today (after the appointment), about 2:00 p.m. if I remember right. I think she's working on our taxes right now.

4:08 p.m., Sunday the 17th

BH and SB are away for most of today, they are watching a couple of softball games that a relative is playing in. I am not into sports so I stayed home.

Well you know the old saying, "When SB is away, Kevin will play." I was eating some (sweet/spicy) beef jerky, and Lady came over and begged. SB would have said, "No way," but I figured it could be my little secret. So I fed the cat some bits of jerky. She greatly enjoyed that. Then, five or ten minutes later, she barfed on my bedroom carpet. 5% (some kind of) liquid, 95% jerky. Obviously I had to clean it up. Knowing that SB would sooo say, "I told you so." The only upside is, now I know what not to do in the future. I will not be sharing any of this little story with SB. I consider what punishment I've already endured to be sufficient.

The alcohol on our counter includes a mostly-full bottle of Fireball cinnamon whiskey. I was sorely tempted to drink it. But amazingly, I talked myself out of it. I do have one thing to look forward to today, there are plans for the three of us to eat out for dinner after BH and SB get home.

12:27 p.m., Monday the 18th

We ate out at a local place, Doug's. It got to be kind of late, so we did not watch anything.

I woke up a little after midnight, to discover, to my horror, that I had wet the bed. First time that's happened since I was a kid, I certainly hope it's not a sign of things to come. I changed my shirt and shorts and most of the bedding, I didn't want to disturb anyone and just wanted to get back to sleep. Fortunately there were no more disasters for the balance of the night. I waited to get up until Brother-Husband was in the bathroom (where he stays a long time in the mornings), then I went and told Snowbunny what had happened. I don't mind if she tells BH, I just didn't want to be the one to tell him myself.

She did not get upset about it, she is good at taking things in stride. She did some steam cleaning on the mattress, and while she was at it she steam cleaned a few sections of the carpet, one section where the dog had gone #1, then the other section where the cat had barfed. (I told her the cat had barfed, I just didn't tell her why.) She may have me do some regular vacuuming later on. Also we'll probably get a plastic protector for my mattress. Very discouraging in general, but at least the problem is getting managed. I'm just lucky SB was off today (and tomorrow). She wanted to spend today working on our back room with BH, and she is still doing that, but she is also taking time out to help me. I am lucky in that way as well.

Eddie got fixed today, they said we can pick him up anytime after 3:00 p.m. ... I guess he will be wearing the "cone of shame" for a few days. Also I believe they microchipped him today, while he was under the general anesthesia.

Hopefully I won't have nearly so much to report on tomorrow. :(

That Eddie is a bad influence.

Leetah

10:03 a.m., Tuesday the 19th

:D He's a terrible influence!

3:18 p.m., Wednesday the 20th

Eddie's been being good today ... so far. Please let that continue ...

He's even being nice to the cats. Not whaling on them like he usually does. And not barking, nor making other earsplitting noises! How awesome. As a reward, I gave him the cardboard tube from my latest roll of paper towels. Trust me, he was delighted. Of course there will be bits of cardboard all over the floor, but I consider it worth it.

Maybe the mellow weather is making him mellow. I opened the windows today, it is 77° out right now. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, the rest of the coming week will be in the 60's and 50's. Lows are in the low 40's and upper 30's. Four days with rain, four days (including today) without rain. This concludes my weather riport.

Yesterday dinner was around 8:00 p.m., and we did not watch anything. The day before, BH and I watched GoT:S4E4. Dinner that day was pizza. While yesterday's dinner was leftover soup. I had confessed to SB that I didn't care for that soup, it was her Korean style soup with beef and tofu. She was not cross with me, instead she heated up a can of chili for me with a potato. Good stuff.

2:49 p.m., Thursday the 21st

No new nocturnal disasters, thank gods. Hopefully that was just a one-time thing ...

BH and I watched GoT:S4E5 last night. SB made us pasta for dinner. I am certainly ready for dinner tonight!

The fence guys have been at work here today. It looks like the back part of our yard will be an enclosed area.

Eddie's almost been as good as yesterday. He did leave a few nuggets on the rugs.

2:56 p.m., Friday the 22nd

Yeah I've cut down on the amount of water I drink during the day, hoping that will improve my odds at night. So far so good. No water after 2:00 p.m., is my current approach.

For dinner last night SB made some nice big salads for us. I think she was invited to join some coworkers today for some indoor rock climbing? so she won't get home til later, and I think she said she was going to pick up some kind of takeout for us. I hope it won't be too late, I'm mighty hungry today. (And thirsty, if you know what I mean.)

Dinner last night was reasonably early, but we did not watch anything because BH (and SB) had not slept much the night before. Apparently Eddie made too much ruckus in their room, he "sleeps" in a large cage in their room and he was very ramped up.

3:29 p.m., Monday the 25th

We've been having some trouble with Eddie chasing the cats when the cats are trying to get to their automatic feeders when the feeders go off. Our solution is, the feeders have been moved into my bedroom. My bedroom is like the cats' safe zone. There is a baby gate in my doorway, the cats can jump over the gate, Eddie can't. So now they can eat in peace.

The fence guys have been over here again today building our new fences. So far it looks like the main posts are up, and the main crossbars are up. Next will be the individual slats, I presume. Don't mind my wonky terminology.

We haven't been watching anything lately. BH has an odd schedule this week, he is working today. This coming (late) Thursday, his parents will coming out to visit (from Michigan). I am kind of stressing out about that visit, they will be here until (early) Tuesday.

Eddie's been doing remarkably well the last several days. No potty messes, and he has been observed going in his box many times. I'm assuming he's going to regress now and then, but hopefully as he gets older that will happen less and less.

I still get that thing where I forget some little thing that should be easy to remember, and then I beat myself up about it. Today I forgot to tell the cats their feeders were about to go off. Technically that doesn't matter in the least, but I was so depressed about it.

That's all I have to tell you for now.

11:39 a.m., Tuesday the 26th

The fence guys are here again, it looks as if they will probably finish the job today. Dinner yesterday was leftovers, about 45 minutes after dinner BH and I watched GoT:S4E6. BH is off today, as far as I know he is going to do some painting on the back room.

12:11 p.m., Friday the 29th

BH's parents are here, they arrived last night. (SB was off and picked them up at the airport.) Today they (along with BH and SB) are going to Gig Harbor, where they will watch a hockey movie, "The Russian Five," a documentary about the Detroit Red Wings. I would have gone with, but we would have had to take two cars (resulting in two bridge tolls).

Eddie's been using his litter box faithfully for about a week now. He's being pretty darn good right now, he's even doing better with the cats, not chasing them so much. He did unroll a bunch of TP from BH's/SB's bathroom a few days ago, so we have been keeping the door to that bathroom closed. Eddie loves to chew on things. He loves to grab things in his mouth and run.

3:46 p.m., Sunday the 31st

Eddie had his latest obedience class yesterday, I went with Snowbunny and Eddie to do that. Brother-Husband and his folks walked to the nearby Catholic Church for a 5:00 p.m. mass. Eddie's class ran long, so SB told BH we probably wouldn't get back in time to attend the mass. Then SB killed some time on purpose just to make sure we wouldn't get back in time. :D After they got back from the church service, the five of us (took two cars and) ate out at Mr. Doug's. And then went to Dairy Queen for dessert.

Today, the four of them took Eddie and drove to a park I think. I stayed home and turned on the crock pot. We're eating in today, it will be Polish sausage with veggies and sauerkraut. Tomorrow will basically be the folks' last day here, they fly back to Michigan early Tuesday morning. (SB will drive them to the airport before going to work.)

Back