Hello, from Dallas,TX

Khymaera

Hello, everyone!

So, an introduction...? Well. Ok...

I'm an old hand to poly. I was introduced, badly, to the concept back in my late teens by my then-boyfriend, and while he made a royal hash of it, the concepts sounded appealing and made sense.

My next partner, whom I'm still with some 16 years later, I introduced to the concept and liked it. From that point on, we had an open relationship and dated around. This evolved into a closed V when a third person joined us, who was OK sharing me with my first partner, but that was it.

9 years later, this fell apart and we parted ways with the second gent and we went back to being open.

Now, at this point I admit that I had sworn off poly, and said 'never again', and was determined to just swing/play with friends.

Yeah. That went about as well as you thought it would. Hah!

About this time last year, I started flirting with a long time friend. I'd known him and his boyfriend for years, and assumed he was gay. After a turn of phrase, he corrected that assumption. This lead to us both waxing poetic on missing female company.

Flirting lead to FWB, and we discovered we were actually falling for each other. Time passed, poop happened, and to make a long story short, well... I'm not very good at being not-poly.

Our group dynamic is myself (F/bi/35), my senior partner (M/strait/39), and my junior partner (M/bi/24). They are open to dating, and I may be if I find the right person (especially female), but for the most part I feel pretty taken at the moment. I've been around the boards and PMM off and on for years, and slacked off, but the junior partner was curious about poly resources, and the community. I'm mostly looking for friends, social contact, and maybe some meet-ups where it's safe for us to be a trio without odd looks!

We're all pretty big nerds; me and Sr are in the IT/support industry. All three of us play WoW, read, enjoy sci-fi movies (and similar). We're all animation fans. Me and Sr are the big readers, and Jr enjoying exploring it now, too. They game, more than myself. I love love LOVE to cook, but I also write and draw. Besides that, we're big animal lovers -- four cats (three of which are Siamese), and ideally a big dog sometime in the semi-near future.

Hi Khymaera,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds like you're looking (among other things) for local poly groups in your area. You might start by googling "Carrollton Texas polyamory" or some variant of that. Also, try Polyamory.com's Dating & Friendships subforum.

Other possible helps might be found at:

http://polyamory.meetup.com/
http://www.lovemore.com/locallinks.php
http://www.polyamory.org/SF/groups.html
http://polyevents.blogspot.com/#localgroups

Something else to consider:

"As for where to meet poly people, if by some chance you are interested in anything alternative like Renaissance fairs, goth culture, sci-fi conventions, indie music, bdsm, or any small fringe group, you will be more likely to meet people who have at least heard of poly and are accepting of it."
-- SpaceHippieGeek, http://polyamoryonline.org/smf/index.php?topic=5412.msg57394#msg57394

You're a friend of mine if you're a cat lover. :) We have one cat and one dog in our home. They do get into some interesting antics with each other from time to time, and are entertaining in general (as well as cuddly bedmates).

I hope you'll enjoy this online community. There's a lot of stuff to absorb here, and a lot of stuff to be shared. Glad you could join us!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

hello central louisiana here. great to hear ur story! my wife and i are newbies. she bi i'm str8. message me anytime

...They are open to dating, and I may be if I find the right person (especially female), but for the most part I feel pretty taken at the moment. I've been around the boards and PMM off and on for years, and slacked off, but the junior partner was curious about poly resources, and the community. I'm mostly looking for friends, social contact, and maybe some meet-ups where it's safe for us to be a trio without odd looks!

We're all pretty big nerds; ...All three of us p... read, enjoy sci-fi movies (and similar). ... Me and Sr are the big readers, and Jr enjoying exploring it now, too. .... Besides that, we're big animal lovers -- four cats (three of which are Siamese), and ideally a big dog sometime in the semi-near future.

Hello and Welcome!

Some of your situation sounds pretty familiar!

I was off-and-on alt.polyamory back in the day - I'm here mostly looking for friends and poly friendly socialization as well. We've considered trying out the closest Meet-Up in a nearby city (but it's an hour away...and I'm basically an introvert and a homebody) - currently I'm looking at OKC as another possibility.

I feel that I am "poly-saturated" in the male department but wouldn't mind find another bi/poly girl to hang out with if the opportunity arose. I'm the biggest reader in our bunch, but MrS reads steadily, and Dude tells me he goes through fits and spurts. Science Fiction is my genre.

We have two dogs, a cat (with others that we have taken in, fostered, and found homes for in the past) and a snake. Eventually we will add rabbits, goats and chickens to our little country place. I've considered offering to foster "exotics" for the local humane society as they are really not set up for non-dog/cat or non-farm animal species.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

JaneQ

Howdy from the Houston area. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Interesting story and I hope it all works out for you all.

Back