Why do you use the online name that you use?

The origins of Malfunktions are pretty self explanitory. At a time when most of my world was falling down around me I came to the realization that it was just me malfunctioning.
I didn't understand why I couldn't hold down a single relationship longer than a few months. I wandered and admittedly cheated :(
Then it hit me. I realized early on that I was not a monogamous person. I got bored waaay too fast, and can admittedly say I *still have a wandering eye.
Three months later I was barefoot and pregnant. The worst situation for a non-monogamous 20 year old. I lost touch with reality, thinking I was broken and royally screwed. How do you have a baby with someone you are terrified you'll lose interest in, possibly cheat, and move on. Most of all how do you have a baby at 20 after only knowing the guy 3 months!?
Fear not, because he pulled me out of my down ward spiral, loved me and we've been mono for almost 6 years.
I liked it so I kept it as a reminder of how easily life throws you lemons and how there's always gonna be someone to show you how to make lemonade.

Mal- because it's the first three letters of my real name. *claps to whoever can guess it*.
I was also way too into James Brown at the time ;) hence the funk.

I chose this one because my preferred name was already taken in many forms. Also I can remember this as its one of my emails! K calls me a faerie often so it works. Also my middle name is Rose and I happen like thorny things. It was a name I acquired quite my accident at my local Renaissance Faire as well.

xtreme - I'm a HUGE pro wrestling fan ....think wwe...and there was a team called team xtreme

mousey- an old high school nickname

I combined them when mousey wouldn't work or was already taken on a board years ago.

Reason leads us to care and to shed egocentric mindsets that cause or exacerbate jealousy, shame, pride, hate, fear, greed and mistrust. Reason can even cleanse us of our superstitions if we'd only choose to be open and honest with ourselves. How else can we be open and honest with others?

I chose 'Utopian' because I want to live in a Utopian society. I don't hold out much hope that it will happen in my lifetime but I do at least have hope that it will happen. :) In the mean time I just try to live with the integrity required of all of us to make it possible.

The same devotion to reason I believe is key in having successful poly relationships. I even think that the poly community may play a big roll in making this a world worth living in.

To the ever expanding circles ;)

Sekhmet is the Egyptian goddess of war, and my furbaby.

When we acquired a second furbaby, we wanted to continue to the god theme and settled on Q, the godlike being from Star Trek. Q ended up being my husband's baby.

Miss M is so named because it matches her real name and because of the association with The Divine Miss M.:)

Sekhmet is the Egyptian goddess of war, and my furbaby.

When we acquired a second furbaby, we wanted to continue to the god theme and settled on Q, the godlike being from Star Trek. Q ended up being my husband's baby.

Miss M is so named because it matches her real name and because of the association with The Divine Miss M.:)
I love Ancient Egyptian god names. I'm actually writing an album at the moment, with a lot of influence from the myths of the era. and one of my characters names is Secyt, based on the god Seshat. The goddess of architecture and mathematics. As Secyt, this role suits her well, as she is the creator of the ancient city Abydyssos. The city itself, based on Abydos, one of the oldest cities in Egypt, and one of the major players around the time of the Old Kingdom. =P

Sorry to take it off-topic like that. I just got a little excited with the name. :p

I got the nickname Kay from my friends in U.S. and Fin... well I am a finn so it covers that, actually I did decide not to use my FetLife nick in here even though i did think of that too

My name stems from my career and the way I am on here. From the career point: I'm a Financial Analyst, and I spend most of my time traveling "in" and "out" of the US. Port Columbus needs to add me to the payroll as much as I see those folks. I'm considering it heavily. How many chances do you get an opportunity like that? Gotta make the most of this life and ride it like a cowboy. :D

On here, I pop "in" for a couple of minutes or read, check out the advice, and then, I pop back "out."

Last edited:
My username

River for two reasons - 1. Because I was born, and grew up, in a city by a river. 2. Because I love rivers as a general feature of nature. They are so beautiful to look at.

Rose - because they are my favourite flowers :)

Not the most interesting history behind a name, I know :eek:

Kim xxx.

well...polly is obvious--suzanne is my middle name so 'anna'...plus it's a play on 'pollyanna' the goodie two shoes...bwahahaha...yeah, that's soooo me. *snort snarf*

Zen Bonobo

Because I'm a sex loving ape who one day aspires to be attain peace and balance within self and out.

Re: "Why do you use the online name that you use?"

Well hi! Wish it was as creative as some... I suppose I could say it was my Stripper name... ;~> Actually. it's my Surname: Jerome Aery. My background is Scot... My wife, Pamela kept her Maiden name as she's a UK Citizen and an RN.... just too much fuss and bother changing it all over the place. I thought of using a pseudonym, but it felt more authentic to use my real name amongst this group...

Well I'm a short person with a distinctive laugh! The reason I call myself Robin online, though, is because when researching for a tattoo I got, I found out the Robin symbolises new beginnings, so I now always use it to remind myself I can change, start again, and learn new things about myself and other people!

Because Ghostbusters is the greatest comedy of all time. :D

Back