A Thread for the Philosophically Inclined

River

This is a little Hang Out for folks who like to think / talk / write philosophically. Obviously, we can talk about philosophy of love and sex here, but anything else that suits our fancy, too.

The subject matter can shift and turn as it likes.:p

What are you puzzling over these days?:confused:;)

Is honesty the best policy?

It seems that sometimes too much information is not a good idea. My guys quite honestly seem to prefer the Less is More angle. We get along alot better when we don't over-talk about things. Does this make sense?

We are split as to what we want to know. Both my Butterfly and Deer don't really want to know who I sleep with (I still on occasion have casual sex with other people), but I want to know as much as I can about their lives. I feel more comfortable knowing everything and I live vicariously through their choices. So far this has worked well for us, although we also, obviously, have the rule that if I'm asked a question about my sex life, I never lie. This, to be honest, would be our version of cheating; if I lied after being asked a direct question. I also get massively giggly if it looks like they might have a new partner! Like a teenager finding out a friend has a new crush! :p

I used to be pretty withholding when it came to a lot of things I talked about with partners. So I get the less is more angle. It's just more recently I tend to share everything, I don't know, it seems better all of a sudden.

Back