Is it possible?

Is it possible to have more than one "soul mate"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a lot of thoughts on this, but the points of it is this:
Karma and I joke that we are truly soul mates in that- I keep coming back life after life b/c I am facinated with the way things change yet stay the same. He get's more and more irritated with society, but b/c we can't "live" apart, he drags himself along life after life.

Now we also believe there are souls we have encountered before and connected deeply with, that also come back through our lives-my wife, Karmas "brother" and several others for example.

Now to my understanding given the last time we talked- Karma does not recall any past life with g/f but there is obviously a strong connection.

I've had a couple exes that I was instantly drawn to but drifted apart from.

I think these were the soul mates of another life, always drawn together, but not really here to "do" anything for me or me them in this life.

In a round about way I do think you can have more than one. I personaly think it is something determined long before we cross onto this plane of existance. It's up to us to direct our lives through the lines the fates have created, in order to find those people. Sometimes they aren't on the right path for us to find them. Sometimes we cross 2 or more;) at the same time.

Really all depends web of life created and what we do to help it along or tear it apart.

I believe wholeheartedly that you can have more then one soul mate... after all... take the sweet widow as an example..married for 30 yrs, spouse dies... meets another and marries.... which one was the soul mate? the one who died or the second spouse.
so then i take that concept and say...hey, couldn't that apply to relationships as a whole?
so yes, i do believe that you can have more then one soul mate and even... at the same time
its just that some people have only one while others have more then one... just like some people are monogamous while others are poly... just like some propel believe in souls while other don't ;-) LOL
just my 2cents

Last edited:
It's completely possible. It's also possible to have that kind of connection with someone, but not be in the right situation for things to go that route again. IE, Mohegan's Wife: I have no doubt that we love each other, and outside of Mohegan, I've never met anyone who even comes close to having the kind of connection with me that she and I have. It's unreal. We will literally start speaking the same thing at the same time, or one of us will start speaking a sentence, and will suddenly stop while the other one picks up where they left off and finishes the sentence. We'll have entire conversations in the span of one passing glance. It used to freak her husband out :) " That shit is creepy you two! Stop it!" Now we've all gotten used to it.

She and I have accidentally shared a 'vision', or 'past life regression' or whatever label you want to slap on it. We both know exactly how close we were in the past. The experience left us both blushing, and neither of us blush easily.

But I also understand that this time around, she and I probably aren't supposed to be together in that way.

Her husband is one of my closest friends. Mohegan and I were her witnesses at their wedding (she couldn't have just a maid of honor, she had to have us both :) ). When they split up, I talked both of them through it and helped them reconcile and eventually get back together, and I would never want to see them split apart. And, seeing as how neither of them is poly...

...not going to happen. Not in this life, anyway.

That doesn't mean that our connection isn't there, or is any weaker or somehow lessened by it - quite the opposite, in many ways.

I've been wondering the same thing myself, kind of. I don't believe in souls, fate, or destiny of any kind, but I certainly have an unutterable respect for the bond between my husband and myself, forged in fire for nearly 14 years now.

We've been talking about a triad with a close, dear friend, whom we met at the same time as each other, and who has been an important part of our life and an officiant at our wedding. I love her wildly and deeply, as you said about your second, but wonder if I would ever come to feel for her with the depth and trust that I feel for my husband. I love the idea of an equilateral triangle, but I'm not sure it's possible for us. I'm not closed to the idea, I'm just truly unsure. I want it very much right now, but I'm also trying to be cautious. You don't carelessly rock the boat on something that has been your rock for your entire adult life. And I wouldn't want for our friend to always be the "second" in her relationships with us or anyone. That might be okay at first, but it wouldn't be right forever. I want for her what I have with my Bear.

Back