Music!

Changing subject slightly, but I was led to this video by Storm Large and it really is great and kinda fitting in a poly way. ;)

8 Miles Wide

Warning! Do not listen to this at work or in a public place unless you have headphones!

Warning! This has a very catchy chorus as well.

I would love if someone could describe what happens in the video for me. :) Thanks so much.

nim

I'll give it a shot at a description of Video.

The Video starts with a lovely Redhaired woman running in a green pasture. She is well built upstairs and with the redhair and lowcut dress flowing down into the grass she is a lovely sight. Then the scene cuts to what looks like a piano bar where the blonde singer starts the song and she's wearing a leopard full length dress with holes in the side up both sides.

Very slinky dress. Everyone at the nightclub seem to love the song and every now and again the scene cuts back the redhead in the field as she dances around .. gets up on a horse and rides around and just seems like natures child (I love redheads - its the Lazarus Long in me).

About half way through the song the scene is of the blonde female singer walking from a city street into a city park and she amasses more and more dancers and various people behind her as she continues to sing about her 8-mile wide happy spot. (Yeah I know it's called a Vag***)

So everyones singing and dancing and enjoy the 8-mile wide ride and it just ends on the bar scene and everyone smiling and applauding the song.

Thats' about it, perhaps someone else can describe it better or add something I missed.

Just Me,
Tim

The Video starts with a lovely Redhaired woman running in a green pasture. She is well built upstairs and with the redhair and lowcut dress flowing down into the grass she is a lovely sight. Then the scene cuts to what looks like a piano bar where the blonde singer starts the song and she's wearing a leopard full length dress with holes in the side up both sides.

Very slinky dress. Everyone at the nightclub seem to love the song and every now and again the scene cuts back the redhead in the field as she dances around .. gets up on a horse and rides around and just seems like natures child (I love redheads - its the Lazarus Long in me).

About half way through the song the scene is of the blonde female singer walking from a city street into a city park and she amasses more and more dancers and various people behind her as she continues to sing about her 8-mile wide happy spot. (Yeah I know it's called a Vag***)

So everyones singing and dancing and enjoy the 8-mile wide ride and it just ends on the bar scene and everyone smiling and applauding the song.

Thats' about it, perhaps someone else can describe it better or add something I missed.

Just Me,
Tim

That was an excellent description, Tim. Thanks so much!

nim

Flute playing:
I did an undergrad degree in flute and voice and was gigging pretty well and got onto the sub rosters of a couple of decent orchestras when I fell on my hand and couldn't play for a couple of years. Other things developed during that hiatus and even though the flute career kinda took a detour, I can play again and do weddings and such, but not as much as I used to. Would love to step that up again.

Once upon a time I was a very monogamous guy with a very polyamorous girlfriend and feeling as though I had just entered enemy teritory as I found myself in a place where there were now numerous polyamorous males (two of whom actually held the title of 'her other boyfriend'). I was an absolute jumble of super intense emotions the likes of which I had never had to contend with before in my life. I was doing some self exploration and introspection down at the clothing optional swimming pond but still having a hard time holding on to my humanity... when suddenly your flute playing rang out and trailed all around in this direction, then that, winding all around. It brought me back to a calm and more rational place. It was so unexpected, and so precisely what I needed at that moment.

Oh wow. You really made my week! Especially since that summer was one of the first times I was able to play after my hand injury!

Thank you for that! <3

music

i am a music collector having a compilation of albums dating back to the
40's. i told you i was old! mostly big bands: tommy and jimmy dorsey,
harry james, glenn miller, stan kenton, cab calloway, etc. and jazz: ella,
dinah washington, anita o'day, sarah vaughn, gerry mulligan, miles davis, etc.
and dozens of albums by sinatra/count basie and similar artists from that era.
some of them are considered to be exceedingly rare. i also have a few hundred albums from the sixties,seventies and eighties. mostly rock,punk,soul.

last year i bought a turntable that SONY makes, the PS-LX300USB, which allows the user to transform analog from vinyl to digital (cd or mp3). it hooks
to a usb port in your pc and uses an audio editing program to record, edit,
encode and then master. (SOUND FORGE AUDIO STUDIO LE) i only use it when my daughter comes home from college to help me as i am apparently to inept to do it myself! so if you would like a copy of an album from that era
and cannot find elsewhere, let me know, i just might have it.
ps. i like classical music. beethoven set the standard for modern music thay everyone else would love to attain

Gator: Do you happen to have Stan Kenton's big band version of Here's That Rainy Day??? I've been looking for that recording for ages!!!

i am a music collector having a compilation of albums dating back to the
40's. i told you i was old! mostly big bands: tommy and jimmy dorsey,
harry james, glenn miller, stan kenton, cab calloway, etc. and jazz: ella,
dinah washington, anita o'day, sarah vaughn, gerry mulligan, miles davis, etc.
and dozens of albums by sinatra/count basie and similar artists from that era.
some of them are considered to be exceedingly rare. i also have a few hundred albums from the sixties,seventies and eighties. mostly rock,punk,soul.

I love the artists you mentioned, especially the ones I bolded.

jazz

you hit the jackpot nim. somewhere between 65-75 of those three alone. let me catalog them this weekend and i'll call you back.

pandora radio

i like pandora but i have to admit that of late i've been getting some offbeat
matches. for sugarloaf i got grank funk railroad & the doors ????

anybody remember sugarloaf?

here's that rainy day/kenton

ceoli, sorry i could'nt get back sooner. i also have a residence (primary) in
bucks county, pennsylvania where i keep the older albums. i'm having my son look through them but he does'nt know dinah washington from george washington. i'll be back in pa. saturday and i'll do a more thorough search. is there another version of this tune you might be interested in i.e. torme,sinatra,
sarah vaughn, jack jones. i may have one by oscar peterson. if you are interested in kenton i know that i have "innovations in modern music" vol.#1,
and a limited edition of the 4disc "kenton era" in excellent condition. once again i apologize for the delay as i know how touchy you musician types can
be LOL

here's that rainy day/kenton

ceoli, sorry i could'nt get back sooner. i also have a residence (primary) in
bucks county, pennsylvania where i keep the older albums. i'm having my son look through them but he does'nt know dinah washington from george washington. i'll be back in pa. saturday and i'll do a more thorough search. is there another version of this tune you might be interested in i.e. torme,sinatra,
sarah vaughn, jack jones. i may have one by oscar peterson. if you are interested in kenton i know that i have "innovations in modern music" vol.#1,
and a limited edition of the 4disc "kenton era" in excellent condition. once again i apologize for the delay as i know how touchy you musician types can
be LOL

Music is integral to my life.

I don't play anything anymore (must rectify that) on any regular basis other than my iPod or cd's - but it's always there.

Music feeds my soul, soothes my mind and centres me.

Once upon a time, I played piano, guitar, trombone, and sang.

Now I look at my piano, display my guitar, have lost any ability with the trombone and sing only in my car on my way to work.

I like all kinds of music. Currently in a mostly country phase - with a sprinkling of Eminem and heavy/alternative rock mixed in. I have a very eclectic collection of music on my iPod.

Jane

Back