Just LR

LR, I love your description of your own home, and how you want it to be, physically and emotionally. It's so lovely.

And if you're composing in Word, you need not do the symbol insert. I just type cafe and Word automagickally does the accent over the e, and then I erase the c-a-f and type whatever word I'm typing.

I know RP! It's a peculiar experience sometimes when I read your blog and start thinking HOLY SHIT DE JA VU!!!!
I hope you know that even when I lack any good advice, I keep you in a special place in my heart-an unlabeled space with no defining walls or edges. The one for a special person who despite being somdifferent is so similar to my own self.

Thanks November. :)
I am going to have to re-write out that description on my personal blog and maybe on a piece of cardstock and post it on my bathroom mirror!

Happy Valentine's Day!
I stuck cards in the kids bedroom doors after they went to bed last night. I left one in Maca's work van and one beside GG's bed.
This morning GG cuddled before spending the morning with the kids. I spent the afternoon with Spicy and Little Pea. This evening was spent with the kids and Maca.
We made white chocolate covered strawberries and now its time for an early sleep!

Irony or Karma

In an interesting twist. The youngun who was the catalyst for SO MUCH drama in my life-is experiencing a drama.
I left ALL alternative lifestyle groups locally after she just wouldn't stop. The poly group in particular hurt-because they came out on the side that "personal problems should remain private" allowing her to behave in abusive ways towards me-via manipulative tactics in the group-but not allowing me to ask the group to stop playing into it.
ANYWAY-
now she's struggling, because someone in the group is using manipulative tactics against her (I don't know who-I'm not involved at all in any way with the group or anyone in it) AND they won't step in or allow her to address it with in the "public forum" of the group (public being a HUGE misnomer-as it's NOT public but anyway).
She texted Maca for help. He told her he can't provide help as no one in the group will have anything to do with us-due to the b.s. she created in January........

I can't help but raise one eyebrow.
He commented to me that he felt it was fitting karma. I am not sure I NECESSARILY agree-but it damn sure is a good opportunity for her to consider how SHE feels on the receiving end of the b.s. she pulled against me.

It also sums up precisely why I don't want anything to do with any of the local alternative lifestyle communities here. I do grasp why some people feel so strongly about privacy. HOWEVER-secrecy creates a "safe" environment for abusive behavior and that is not something I want ANYTHING to do with.

It also sums up precisely why I don't want anything to do with any of the local alternative lifestyle communities here. I do grasp why some people feel so strongly about privacy. HOWEVER-secrecy creates a "safe" environment for abusive behavior and that is not something I want ANYTHING to do with.

I have observed and experienced that when someone has invested too much in a "group" or "intentional community", whenever something goes wrong within the group, it makes their whole life hit the fan. I see this happen in roller derby, probably more often than i realize because i am not in the first-string loop when it comes to the latest gossip. But every once in a while, someone is just suddenly GONE, and then come to find out there was some drama involving two or more people having sex with each other... Like these "alternative-lifestyle" groups, this sport can suck up your whole social life, and if something happens, you have nowhere else to go for support because everyone is either involved or is involved with someone who is involved. It's much better to have your own thing going that you can either step out of and visit other things and leave when you've had enough, or invite people into your thing for a visit and dictate the terms.

I use the word "dictate" loosely and non-judgmentally, meaning "my house, my rules" when it comes to people who do not live there. It could be as simple as asking guests to remove their shoes inside, or as complex as having to ask someone to leave because they disrespected a family member (which isn't really that "complex" at all, although sometimes people make it seem complex; it is however an emotionally-charged thing while removing one's shoes upon request should not be).

I definitely agree. Its one of the reasons she's devastated right now. That is her only social avenue. However, my core group of friends are loyal friends of over 20 years who arent immersed in any specific group with me. Some are involved peripherally with one or another alternative lifestyle group. But thats not a key component of our friendship.

Everything at home is going good. Maca and I fly out tomorrow night, Hawaii bound. GG and the kids will follow on Monday.
The new P is due in mid May. :)

On my mind currently is fundamentalism.
I am pondering the idea that similar to fundamentalist christianity, there is fundamentalist poly......

Lol, there's also orthodox, conservative, and reform poly.

Yes-I would say you are right on that.
Just a pondering for the moment. But-not too strong of one. Too much homework to finish!

Build it organically

I prefer to create, build, grow and increase my relationships organically.
This seems an uncommon perspective or practice in poly circles.

Things are going well. hawaii was awesome! Maca is working out of town now which sucks.

New gradbaby due any day now.
Got 2A's and a B this semester and happy to be on summer break!

I believe relationships should grow organically. It never pans out well when it is forced together.

I am glad you enjoyed your time in Hawaii.

I wish your the baby's mum and the little one a safe delivery and entrance into the world. I love babies!

Congratulations on the marks! I know you are happy to have a break for the summer. I might have missed it, but what are you going for?

Ry

I am going for Psychology. Eventually my Phd but currently Bachelors of Science in Psychology.

Hawaii was awesome-much needed family break. :)

I've had my Little Pea all day, mommy is dilated to 4 and having contractions the last 3 hours roughly 7 minutes apart. ;)

Unfortunately, it seems I've also picked up the cold that has been going around, so I'm feeling a little under the weather (tired and generally just blah). But-other than that (temporary) thing, I'm good.

Now-as to why they are forcasting SNOW this weekend.... that is a whole other issue! :p

New grandson! :)

Our newest grandson was born this evening! Mommy and baby are healthy and settled in with daddy at the hospital.
I took Little P (the 2 year old) in to meet his new baby brother briefly before bedtime. :)

Again thankful for supportive poly family who helped take care of all of the kids while I helped with getting daddy food at the hospital and taking Little P in to meet baby brother. :)
It's nice having so many people around to be sure the kids are never on their own or that I can't be there to support one or another, when they need me away from here.

:)

Congratulations to all!

Congratulations!! :)

Back