East Tenn

tnchick

Hello all
My fiancee and I are a poly couple and live around Knoxville TN.
we have been trying to find a girlfriend but living where we do it is hard to find anyone like us. Sometimes it fills like we are the only ones like us, but I know that that is not true It this point we would just like to meet people like us, so if there is anyone in or around Knoxville let me know and if you are a girl looking for a couple even better :)

Thanks,
Brightest Blessings,
Liv

Sometimes it fills like we are the only ones like us, but I know that that is not true It this point we would just like to meet people like us

There is not a large (at least public) poly populace in TN. TN Poly gets little activity; I have found real life (as opposed to online dating, meetups, etc) to be the best place to find partners. Of course, that means you have to tell people you are available.

NIJ

Last edited:
You think it's hard in Knoxville? Try finding a partner in Kingsport, where I live.

I've heard some people have had success with polymatchmaker. I think some people have met people through repeated CL ads, too. And have you tried attending any of the swingers' parties in Knoxville that are listed on swinglifestyle? Even though swingers normally don't get into polyamory, you'll find a huge variety of lifestyles at those parties.

Hey Liv! I'm Melissa. Nice to meet you! I am in Knoxville. I am a single Poly. Looking for people like me too. I want to try to start a Poly group in East TN. Please message me & lets talk. :)

Also for me...The swinger scene has been awful. Mostly because I think people often confuse Poly lifestyle with swinger lifestyle. They are vastly different! Poly lifestyle to me means 2,3,4 people come together in a mutual & very MONOGAMOUS relationship & agreement between each other, Polyamory has nothing (from what I understand) to do with a swinging open (sleep with different people/couples) but only in a sexual way then everyone goes their own way. Please tell me what you are looking for. Is it more of a Poly lifestyle or swinger lifestyle? Because I am only interested in being with a couple or even a single person then adding an additional person for a fully monogamous relationship.

Mostly because I think people often confuse Poly lifestyle with swinger lifestyle. They are vastly different! Poly lifestyle to me means 2,3,4 people come together in a mutual & very MONOGAMOUS relationship & agreement between each other, Polyamory has nothing (from what I understand) to do with a swinging open (sleep with different people/couples) but only in a sexual way then everyone goes their own way.

I think that it is excellent that you know what you are looking for for yourself!

I just wanted to point out that what you seem to consider the "poly lifestyle" is only one of a myriad of configurations that are possible under the "poly" umbrella (which really only stipulates the capacity to "love more than one" in an honest and ethical way). You are describing a "closed" relationship model (I would use the word "polyfidelitous" instead of the word "monogamous"- since there would be more than one person involved - i.e. "Just us three/four/x - and no more" as opposed to "Just us two and no more."). Which is fine and good and there are many poly folk looking for this type of relationship configuration.

BUT, there are also versions of poly that involve an "open" relationship model - (which doesn't have to involve "casual sex"!) where the people in the relationship are free to date and form loving (not just sex-only) relationships with other people. These relationships may then be hierarchical or non-hierarchical depending on the desires of the participants.

ALSO, some poly people ALSO swing - so the two are not mutually exclusive.:eek:

There is a world of possibilities out there :D

JaneQ

Last edited:
Back