New to Polyamory

misskitten

Hello,
This is my first time posting here. Ordinarily, I don't go for online communities, but I've felt the need to post here this evening.
Let me introduce myself- I'm a 24 year old mother of younguns, with a very loving, caring partner of 5 years. Ordinarily, he would have identified as very monogomous, but recently we've opened up our relationship to a friend, which all occurred in a very natural, flowing way. I'm still figuring out all the poly terms, but I guess you'd call what we have going on as a triad. The woman we've opened up our relationship to has been a close friend of mine for a long time- there has always been a very strong mutual attraction. The three of us spent time just hanging out as a couple, and a friend and this progressed into a threesome. We all had a great time, and sure enough, there was soon another threesome! After this, my man developed feelings towards the woman, which we've all talked about at length. We haven't come to any conclusions about what it means or where it's going, just what it is right now. I guess that's what has led me here! No one in our circle "does this kind of thing", so I'm just seeking a space to talk where loving more than one person is a normal, done thing!
Thanks. xx

Welcome and good luck!

Hi! Is you haven't checked it out already, allow me to recommend this article by the always-smart Franklin Veaux. It's designed for someone coming in as the third in an existing relationship, but I think it's immensely valuable for couples in that configuration as well:
http://www.morethantwo.com/coupledating.html

There are a lot of links to threads here on "triads" "unicorns" and "secondaries" that might be helpful if you have a look at the search option under tags... hopefully as time goes on you can find us useful... there are a lot of people out there that can relate to your dynamic. good luck :)

Back