Old rules - giggle with me!

I see it much like growing a garden.( dorky analogy, please follow.).... We are all growing different parts of our relationships, at different times and in different places. Much like a garden that needs various aspects of care, depending on what you have planted that year.
I like this analogy.

I would also add, from my own thoughts, that gardens all contain the same aspects and often the same plants. They all need soil, water, sun, and perhaps even rocks and some shade. What makes them different is in the tending.

I tend my garden differently than others. I might allow mine to grow wild; it might be a sustainable; parts might be more tended and cultivated than others. I might have a garden of all local species and native plants or have a garden with wood chips around bushes. I might concentrate solely on veggies rather than being concerned with flower care. Each to their own, yet all are just as valid and beautiful.

I also think of my neighbours when it comes to gardens. One neighbour I have is very concerned that I don't mow the lawn as much as I should because I have daffodils growing in it and a flower that is indigenous to our area. They have given up on telling me I should mow at this point.

Other neighbours want to put weed killer on their dandelions which is against the bi-law here, but they don't care and want to do it anyway. I keep my dandelions as they are the only green thing when the dry season comes and it makes the lawn look green in that time of the summer... along with the buttercups. I am sure that others have a really hard time with that but, meh, what concern is that of mine as long as nothing goes to seed and blows there way I am good doing what I want with the property I have.

Yes, gardens and poly rules/boundaries. Totally a good analogy :D

Sorry again TP! Geesh, this can be moved to a new thread also if it warrants further discussion.

I'm hooped, I'm useless at gardening :D

Back on topic though at the start of our journey *I* had a rule (I would say we but I don't really think my hubby was 100% on board with this one) I was ok with other women getting him off but he couldn't return the favour. I think I was trying to prevent the possibility of other women getting to attached to him. It's really embarassing that I used to think that way :eek:

Yes, but it's an old rule...I'm very very over it now! There are bigger fish to fry than who is giving who orgasms or not :D

Yes, but it's an old rule...I'm very very over it now! There are bigger fish to fry than who is giving who orgasms or not :D
Did you think of that at the time though? That sure is an interesting one... I am giggling at how that would play out. heh, :D awesome for hubby... or would it be. Thank goodness that is over with huh?!:D

Did you think of that at the time though? That sure is an interesting one... I am giggling at how that would play out. heh, :D awesome for hubby... or would it be. Thank goodness that is over with huh?!:D

I'm really not sure how in the heat of the moment that rule could have been followed!

Back on topic though at the start of our journey *I* had a rule (I would say we but I don't really think my hubby was 100% on board with this one) I was ok with other women getting him off but he couldn't return the favour. I think I was trying to prevent the possibility of other women getting to attached to him. It's really embarassing that I used to think that way :eek:
Wow Derby. I don't know if I could have done that one. LOL That's how I get off....When the woman gets off, it sends me almost over the edge. The more times I get her off, the harder MY orgasm when I finally decide to allow myself to have one. LOL

Wow! That is interesting! Isn't it funny, the logical gymnastics our brain pulls to convince us that this one thing (whatever our one thing is) will ensure the survival of our relationship. :D

Wow! That is interesting! Isn't it funny, the logical gymnastics our brain pulls to convince us that this one thing (whatever our one thing is) will ensure the survival of our relationship.
For once, I agree with you!

Originally Posted by Derbylicious
I'm hooped, I'm useless at gardening

Back on topic though at the start of our journey *I* had a rule (I would say we but I don't really think my hubby was 100% on board with this one) I was ok with other women getting him off but he couldn't return the favour. I think I was trying to prevent the possibility of other women getting to attached to him. It's really embarassing that I used to think that way
Wow Derby. I don't know if I could have done that one. LOL That's how I get off....When the woman gets off, it sends me almost over the edge. The more times I get her off, the harder MY orgasm when I finally decide to allow myself to have one. LOL
Definitely! The biggest turn-on possible is noticing my partner's excitement.

But isn't this a bit off-topic?:eek: Weren't we talking about dandelions?:rolleyes::p

Back