What you listening to Now :

Very jealous. Still not seen those sexy fellas play!
But now I feel the need to go put some of their stuff on. =]

You simply MUST make it to one of their shows some time. They're simply amazing live :)

I am currently enjoying listening to "Hotel California" by the Gipsy Kings, which just came on the radio. I'm not familiar enough with Spanish music to know whether it would be classified as Flamenco or not, but it's fast with some cool guitars. I think it's considered "new Flamenco."

Last edited:
I've been listening to a whole heap of strange and amazing new things lately.

Anciients, Battle Of Mice, Atra Aeterna, Khonsu, Nurse With Wound, Obsidian Kingdom and Primordial, are a few names I can think of.

Hanging out in the clubhouse of a bare ass bed and breakfast where if the weather is good I'll be shooting a promo video in the morning. They're playing The Coffee House on Sirius which is mostly acoustic covers. Not quite the Hayseed Dixie stuff I was listening to on the way up, but I like it.

Hillbilly Herald's " If you don't like where I'm going you don't have to come." Saw them open for Slash.

Got some Biogenesis on at the moment. An album called Escape The Illusion. One of the best Trance album I've ever heard, yet they seem to be such an unknown.

Also, for my lovely Metalheads about, I completely suggest Sulpher Aeon - Swallowed By The Ocean's Tide. Been really hooked on it for a week or two, and already it has become an instant favourite. The entire album seems to be based on stories of Cthulhu, and the cover art shows that off perfectly, as Cthulhu emerges from his prison in R'lyeh.

Got some Biogenesis on at the moment. An album called Escape The Illusion. One of the best Trance album I've ever heard, yet they seem to be such an unknown.

Also, for my lovely Metalheads about, I completely suggest Sulpher Aeon - Swallowed By The Ocean's Tide. Been really hooked on it for a week or two, and already it has become an instant favourite. The entire album seems to be based on stories of Cthulhu, and the cover art shows that off perfectly, as Cthulhu emerges from his prison in R'lyeh.

Just grabbed that Sulpher Aeon. Sounds good.

Just grabbed that Sulpher Aeon. Sounds good.
So very good. I have quite a few bands littered throughout this thread for suggestions. Varying styles to suit all kinds of emotion. :)

Stellardrone - Light Years. So chilled out.

Old school - MrS is playing me some old Simon & Garfunkel. Feeling Groovy.

"Best of Bootie 2012"
I'd been slacking off on downloading these over the last couple years. I heart the madness that is a good mashup, and plan to incorporate a few of the songs on the last couple CDs in my Spinning class. :) The 2009 CD is a fun mix as well.

A lot of Purity Ring at the moment (don't let the name fool you if you haven't heard them before).

Anyone been to their concerts? Missed them when they were here in Sydney, bought tix, then got the date wrong.

Keller Williams

Five Finger Death Punch- Far From Home\m/\m/

A lot of Purity Ring at the moment (don't let the name fool you if you haven't heard them before).

Anyone been to their concerts? Missed them when they were here in Sydney, bought tix, then got the date wrong.

Yes, I saw them in Charlotte, NC about 2 months ago. It was a small bar venue, but that just made it a more intimate show. They had these sample pad rapper guys open for them called Mr. Invisible. You can see what their show is like on youtube. They use the same lights/drums and stuff at each one.

The whole crowd sings along to every song, even though it was about 200 people max. They are one of the best not-so-famous-yet bands I've seen lately. They are known by many, but they seem to not be as rich as everyone else they play with for some reason.

Leonard Cohen. It's good sleepy music for my teeny boy's morning nap.

Back